[BUG] Tons of products out of thin air...

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
tromozil

[BUG] Tons of products out of thin air...

Post by tromozil »

Hi!

I was experimenting with the game in order to get more information about how goods are transported from factories to warehouses and to retail shops, in order to improve my Production Chain Capacity Calc spreadsheet (see Modding board). I found a but, that breaks the whole logistics aspect of the game. Here is short experiment, that you can do:

Create one CCD factory with 1 x Purchase, 1 x Mfg and 1 x Sale units.
Link the Purchase unit and speed up the game until the Sale unit fills up completely. Now it should hold 26640 CCD.
Pause the game and delete the Purchase and Mfg units, so that only the Sale unit with full storage is left.
Build 3 warehouses (standard layout - 3/3/3). Connect each Input unit to the CCD factory.
Speed up until the CCD Sale unit is completely empty.
NOW... look at the warehouses. SURPRISE :shock: altogether they have about 242 370 CCDs.
You can delete the fake factory and start a wholesale of no-cost CCDs :x

It seems, that the Input units of the warehouses place their orders to the sales unit of the factory, but they get their goods, before the goods are available (or even before they are produced). In the above example, if you delete the warehouses instead of the factory, you will see that the exact amount of future production will leave the factory and go... nowhere.

I have installed the latest full Beta ver. 2.7.11.

Good luck!
tromozil

Re: [BUG] Tons of products out of thin air...

Post by tromozil »

Please, would you give me some feedback about this bug? Is it a known problem, has it been discussed already?
For me it does not make sense to play the game until this issue has been resolved - its like cheating :(
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The bug has been fixed in the latest version 2.7.14.

You may download the patch from:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 855#p11855
tromozil

Post by tromozil »

Thank you very much!