CapLab Post-Release Beta V4.4.04 full version installer

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

CapLab Post-Release Beta V4.4.04 full version installer

Post by David »

Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta V4.4.04 full version installer has been released.

To install it, download it from http://12299.cdn.beyondhosting.net/capl ... taller.exe and run the installer.

(Save game files and MODs from older versions are not compatible with this new version.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest updates since v4.3.13
Please see this post for details: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=3999

v4.4.01
Fixed the bug in calling the product details report.

v4.4.00 New Features

New “Random Product Reinvention” option on the new game setting menu:
When you enable this option, the system will randomly lock a specific percentage of product classes in the new game and require the player to "reinvent" them in R&D centers. (see the attached screeshot)

Enhanced gameplay for the Survival Mode
If you have enabled the Survival Mode in the City Economic Simulation DLC, the following special settings will be activated:
1) All products are locked, requiring reinvention, except the ones in which you have expertise.
2) The "Competing Nation's Population" will be displayed at the top of the screen, comparing against yours. (The competing nation is an imagined nation whose main purpose is to give the player a stronger sense of competition.)

In the City Economic Simulation DLC: You can build a nation with up to 40 cities
You can build a maximum of 10 large cities or 40 small cities in a game, a combination of both. The size of a small city is 100x100 whereas the size of a large city is 200x200.

Implemented the following user suggestions:

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 375#p18375

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 298#p18298

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 439#p18432
For this "2. As previously suggested, make a bi-directional link of the selected product on the Product Details screen with the currently selected output product on the Manufacturer’s Guide screen", the shortcut key 'r' should be used to switch to Product Details report, instead of clicking "Product Details" on the Information Center.
Attachments
reinvention 1.jpg
reinvention 1.jpg (398.97 KiB) Viewed 3635 times
David

Re: CapLab Post-Release Beta V4.4.00 full version installer

Post by David »

Check out this screenshot with the new interface displaying the Competing Nation's Population.
Attachments
survival_mode_goal.jpg
survival_mode_goal.jpg (382.03 KiB) Viewed 3626 times
competitor_nation_pop.jpg
competitor_nation_pop.jpg (418 KiB) Viewed 3629 times
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

David i install new post release but i can't click on product details tab
David

Post by David »

piermario wrote:David i install new post release but i can't click on product details tab
We have just updated the installer to version 4.4.01 with a fix for this bug. Please download the new installer from: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=3986
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: CapLab Post-Release Beta V4.4.01 full version installer

Post by piermario »

David thanks for new feature up to 40 cities :-) i start by script with 20 cities for a global market about 100.000.000 people!
I got visual problem in city list, you can see screenshot
Attachments
Cattura di schermata (58).png
Cattura di schermata (58).png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 3569 times
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

I try 29 cityes but after 6 years i got this error :shock:
what's new limit about cities?
I think with this new feature we should increase competitor number and persons
Attachments
Cattura di schermata (59).png
Cattura di schermata (59).png (995.45 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
David

Post by David »

Could you please provide me with your save game file to test the issue?

Now you can have up to 50 companies and 85 persons using a script. If there are going to be even more of them, navigating so much information on the interfaces may undermine the gaming experience.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

It happened june 27, 2005, i play with realworld 11.01 and script 29 cities with subsidiary DLC only.
http://wikisend.com/download/549752/save29.rar
Last edited by piermario on Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by acf1 »

A few issues with 4.4.1 (I'm testing with my tech mod and script).

1 Cities seems to go bankrupt pretty often. In some runs almost unplayable because the messages keep popping up.

2 Some of my custom tech seems to start at level 30 instead of 0 as it should. (See picture)

3 Tech box in manufacturer guide looks funky, and all input stuff has "unavailable" symbol even though the game has run for a while. (see picture). It becomes available if I place a factory.

4 I noticed when I turned off Economic DLC, i kept getting j_rd.cpp error. Not sure if turning Econ DLC off was just a coincidence.

5 Not all Product Tech with CAINVENT=0 per my mod, and usually 0 per game defaults is available to all Corporations. I believe this may be related to the reinvent feature. Mine, before the script is loaded, is NOT checked is custom window. I load my script with doesn't have this included (or should I include one with off, if so, what is the script for that?).
Attachments
Sketch.png
Sketch.png (1.75 MiB) Viewed 3523 times
David

Post by David »

1 Cities seems to go bankrupt pretty often. In some runs almost unplayable because the messages keep popping up.
We will investigate the problem. Could you provide me with your save game with this issue?

Please also send me latest version of your MOD.
2 Some of my custom tech seems to start at level 30 instead of 0 as it should. (See picture)
We will address this problem in the next patch.
But, for instance, the tech Desktop OS will be 10 instead of 0, because Desktop Computer relies on this tech and Desktop Computer has been invented at the outset of the game. So the same Desktop OS tech for All-In-One PC will be 10. (Right now, there is a bug that sets it to 30 instead of 10 and this bug will be fixed in the next patch.)
3 Tech box in manufacturer guide looks funky,
What did you mean by "looks funky"?
and all input stuff has "unavailable" symbol even though the game has run for a while. (see picture). It becomes available if I place a factory.
I didn't encounter this problem. Please provide me with a save game with this problem for testing.
4 I noticed when I turned off Economic DLC, i kept getting j_rd.cpp error. Not sure if turning Econ DLC off was just a coincidence.
Likewise, please provide me with a save game with this problem and let me know how to trigger this error.
5 Not all Product Tech with CAINVENT=0 per my mod, and usually 0 per game defaults is available to all Corporations. I believe this may be related to the reinvent feature.
So this is not a bug. Is this what you meant?
Mine, before the script is loaded, is NOT checked is custom window. I load my script with doesn't have this included (or should I include one with off, if so, what is the script for that?).
Could you please elaborate the above? I did not quite understand what it meant.