Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta version 4.4.13 Patch

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta version 4.4.11 Patch

Post by David »

As a result the economy is not dying which is good but it still in stagnation which is bad.
Attached a screenshot from a test game I ran showing that there were far more years with economic growth in than those years in recessions. (You can click the [Lifetime] button to see the lifetime graph to get a better perspective about growth over a long period of time.)

Economic stagnation is very common in the real world for developed countries (e.g. Japan, most of the EU countries.) So the game's simulation looks fairly realistic to me.
Attachments
citypopulation.jpg
citypopulation.jpg (501.51 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
David

Post by David »

I found another one, if I try to start in survival mode the game crashes almost immediately:
Error on file: ilib\Box.cpp Line: 287

Should be easy to reproduce.
Again 4.4.11 Beta, with CES. No mods, no scripts
I couldn't trigger this bug.

1) Did the bug happen to you before or after showing the briefing window, as shown in the attached screenshot?

2) What screen resolution are you using? I have tried 1024x768 also but it worked well too.
Attachments
greeting screen.jpg
greeting screen.jpg (240.77 KiB) Viewed 1135 times
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote:
2. Use of advertising. It was a issue that was resolved in 4.4.05. As I remember, in 4.4.10 it also was ok. Now the issue is back. some of AI rivals spend on advertising more than their whole revenue. I understand that in 4.4.05 the whole media industry became unprofitable but at least all AI companies were healthy which is more important to gameplay.
The media firms are mostly profitable in the tested game I ran, as shown in the attached screenshot.

Maybe the settings of your game made it hard for the AI media firms to make a profit and a different set of game settings may change that?

If it persists, could you send me your save game file to take a look?
David, I am not telling that AI Media firms are not making profit. I am telling that AI companies spend too much on advertising.
Here you can see that lifetime AD spendings are ridiculously high.
caplab ad spending.jpg
caplab ad spending.jpg (673.14 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
As a result, out of 44 AI rivals only 8 have stock price higher than $10 and only 2 has stock price higher than $12.
caplab unprofitable firms.jpg
caplab unprofitable firms.jpg (650.64 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote:
As a result the economy is not dying which is good but it still in stagnation which is bad.
Attached a screenshot from a test game I ran showing that there were far more years with economic growth in than those years in recessions. (You can click the [Lifetime] button to see the lifetime graph to get a better perspective about growth over a long period of time.)

Economic stagnation is very common in the real world for developed countries (e.g. Japan, most of the EU countries.) So the game's simulation looks fairly realistic to me.
David, I have to agree. Economy is ok. Could be better but still ok. The problem is AI Rivals who spend ridiculous amount of money on advertising. I really wish to see a game where 35-40 out of 45 rivals have profits and have stock price much higher than $10.
David

Post by David »

I checked my test game. While a couple AI companies are spending significantly on advertising, the rest are relatively conservative in advertising spending. Overall, it seems reasonable to me.

Each AI person has a difference preference in how much they want to spend on advertising (different business management styles.)

If you are certain that it was over-spending on advertising, not the other reasons, that made the AI perform poorly, please send me your save game and I will ask the dev team to look into it.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote:I checked my test game. While a couple AI companies are spending significantly on advertising, the rest are relatively conservative in advertising spending. Overall, it seems reasonable to me.

Each AI person has a difference preference in how much they want to spend on advertising (different business management styles.)

If you are certain that it was over-spending on advertising, not the other reasons, that made the AI perform poorly, please send me your save game and I will ask the dev team to look into it.
In the screenshot above there is 84m lifetime ad spending with only 45m lifetime revenue. To be honest this is an extreme situation that happens in companies that produce Jewelry products. But on the other hand it really looks like all other AI companies exist just to provide media income. Every media company in every city has 2-3m monthly profit.
Alex

Re: Capitalism Lab Post-release Beta version 4.4.13 Patch

Post by Alex »

I can't see the number of Overall Product Tech:
无标题.png
无标题.png (171.87 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
David

Post by David »

Will fix this in the next patch.
Alex

Post by Alex »

"Low Supply Tolerance" policy doesn't work in 4.4.13
David

Post by David »

Alex wrote:"Low Supply Tolerance" policy doesn't work in 4.4.13
Could you send me your save game file?

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE

And provide me with the details about why you think that the "Low Supply Tolerance" policy doesn't work - which firm you were deal with?