UI - improvement on current feature

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
Waring_Hudsucker
Level 2 user

UI - improvement on current feature

Post by Waring_Hudsucker »

Beta 4.4.03
This is a suggestion to improve the UI drop boxes for Input and Output on the Manufacturer’s Guide and the Setup Factory Production screens, as well as the Search Product (Tab) on the Product Details screen.
The dropbox has a nice shortcut feature where you type in the first letter of the item you are intending to select and you are quickly taken to that area of the list. So let’s say we are looking for Leather Jacket and press “L”. We are taken to the first item in the list beginning with L. What I find a bit clumsy is that the first item is Leather Bag and it is now the very last item at the bottom of currently visible items in the window. This nearly guarantees that each time I use this shortcut feature I will still need to do additional scrolling to find what I am looking for. Instead, if the first item beginning with the shortcut letter were at the top of the list, as in my second image, you would have a pretty good chance of just being able to click the desired item without additional scrolling.
Dropbox01.png
Dropbox01.png (1.15 MiB) Viewed 528 times
Dropbox02.png
Dropbox02.png (1.13 MiB) Viewed 528 times
"Do you mean to say any slob in a smelly tee-shirt will be able to buy Hudsucker stock?"
-Sidney J. Mussburger from The Hudsucker Proxy
Waring_Hudsucker
Level 2 user

Re: UI - improvement on current feature

Post by Waring_Hudsucker »

I am going to withdraw this post. After using the current shortcut key feature, then using the mouse scroll wheel to navigate further down the list I see this is not worth the developers any spending time on.
"Do you mean to say any slob in a smelly tee-shirt will be able to buy Hudsucker stock?"
-Sidney J. Mussburger from The Hudsucker Proxy
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: UI - improvement on current feature

Post by eleaza »

Waring_Hudsucker wrote:I am going to withdraw this post. After using the current shortcut key feature, then using the mouse scroll wheel to navigate further down the list I see this is not worth the developers any spending time on.
I actually wish for more "string matching" hotkeys/shortcut. Like when I want to select Lipstick I can just type "L" and "I", it will jump to product start with "Li", etc.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me