4.4.04 Issues

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
megapolis
Level 6 user

4.4.04 Issues

Post by megapolis »

1. Script. Looks like "Retail Store Type=One" setting does not work. At least it does not work as described on official site. It works for a game without DLCs.
Enabling any DLC removes Retail Store Type=One feature
Enabling Subsidiary DLC adds Retail Store Floors=Multiple feature
First time in my life I decided to start a game with one type of stores and it did not work...

2. 30 000 000 startup capital in CES DLC is an overkill without Survival mode. I just start real estate business and in 30-40 years buy all the competitors without building any factories. To be honest there are two things that completely changed balance of startup strategies. Limiting cities to 1 000 000 instead of 5 000 000 made retail of imported goods unprofitable. Increasing of startup capital made Real Estate start strategy a powerhouse.

3. Disabling all product classes except for speciality class led to a bug. Local competitors stopped providing their goods to the market. It made "Competence of local competitors" setting useless. Even high level of City Competitiveness does not add anything to local competitors level. Two screenshots attached.

3a addition. maybe a bug in item #3 works as an offset to issue mentioned in item #2 but local competition was a useful feature.
I checked in Release version of a game. Issue #3 does not exist there.
apparel competition.jpg
apparel competition.jpg (1.26 MiB) Viewed 1195 times
apparel city rating.jpg
apparel city rating.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1195 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: 4.4.04 Issues

Post by David »

Enabling any DLC removes Retail Store Type=One feature
We will fix this bug in the next patch v4.4.05.
Because Subsidiary DLC is required to enable this option.
3. Disabling all product classes except for speciality class led to a bug. Local competitors stopped providing their goods to the market. It made "Competence of local competitors" setting useless. Even high level of City Competitiveness does not add anything to local competitors level. Two screenshots attached.
This bug will be fixed in patch v4.4.05.
3a addition. maybe a bug in item #3 works as an offset to issue mentioned in item #2 but local competition was a useful feature.
Please try version 4.4.05 and see if it is now less easy for you to beat all the AIs with just a real estate business.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote:
Because Subsidiary DLC is required to enable this option.
Then the website should be fixed. It states that this feature could be scripted in base game.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---environment.html
David wrote:
Please try version 4.4.05 and see if it is now less easy for you to beat all the AIs with just a real estate business.
Ok, will do today/tomorrow. Should I play with existing start-up capital of 30m or decrease to old-style 10m with new script feature?
David

Post by David »

Then the website should be fixed. It states that this feature could be scripted in base game.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---environment.html
Fixed. Please press CTRL-F5 to refresh the page on your browser.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David,

From my end I have tested the game with scripted start. 14 cities (because 15th is on a small map) with 1m population.
in 5 years I have built Real estate empire with 87 buildings and 100m profit/year. Also I have installed 4 mayors on the first elections. 4th party member joined during elections and I was able to install 5th mayor but the person was from the same city. As a result I can say that Real Estate start did not become harder. Looks like in 15 years from start I will acquire all the Real Estate sector.
David

Post by David »

Would like to take a look at your game. Could you send me your save game file?

By the way, have you tried the Survival mode?
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote:Would like to take a look at your game. Could you send me your save game file?

By the way, have you tried the Survival mode?
Here's the link https://yadi.sk/d/w4PjaBhx3An8Y7

No, I did not try Survival mode. To be honest this idea does not thrill me. I prefer proper citybuilders like Cities:Skylines here.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

I can mention several things that led to this situation.

1. Wrong market price of Real Estate. I can buy a building from Government for the land price. That's totally incorrect. That price should be adjusted by 5-6 years' revenue (not profit but revenue). It will make bying Real Estate on loan money useless.

2. Land price glitch. Land price drops by 25% on day 1. Looks like it leads to incorrect ROI number for buildings built by government on day 1. Not a problem but it looks weird.

2.1 Mayors' behaviour. AI Mayors tend to save ridiculous amount of money. It affects economy volume as this money is basically removed from economy. Even without a need to remove my own mayors from power I use to spend all this money reserve. It brings some life to global economy. Maybe it will be a good idea to make mayors start spending money once their cash reserve reaches say one year budget.

3. Immediate building of real estate. I understand that delayed commissioning of buildings does not come in-line with general game concept but it will make real estate less powerful. As an option there should be a bigger latency in filing the space. Like in in-game retail stores that take several months to start making full profit.

3a (or maybe 1a). Building cost should be increased 2-3 times.
David

Post by David »

1) Approximately, how many percents of your apartments were bought from the government?

2) Which case below is true?
a) Did the government put the apartments on sale when the AI was the mayor?
b) Or you controlled the city's mayor and you manually set the government apartments on sale and had your corporation buying them?
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

David wrote:1) Approximately, how many percents of your apartments were bought from the government?

2) Which case below is true?
a) Did the government put the apartments on sale when the AI was the mayor?
b) Or you controlled the city's mayor and you manually set the government apartments on sale and had your corporation buying them?
I built around 95 buildings myself. (definitely less than 100)

I manually set the government building on sale and buy it next click.

By the way you may find me doing strange manupulations with my stock. To be honest I want the stocks to be split by 10 once their price reaches 1000. I really dislike large stock price.