Media Companies Interface

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
megapolis
Level 6 user

Media Companies Interface

Post by megapolis »

Before my big test game will end, will try to raise general questions.

Here I want to discuss media interface problems. I can see two of them.

1. AI media strategy. AI every time follows the same behaviour pattern. It drops price to 1.5-1.8 then waits until all advertisers will switch to this media and then raises price to 10. It makes media firms unplayable and advertising annoying. I think that it could be resolved by limiting ad price change to 5-10% from current month price. It will prevent both AI and players from using this tactics.
2. Media firms price slider. Lack of +- buttons is annoying. Especially when you have to manage several media companies. I use to increase price by 0.1-0.2 per month and since the price varies from city to city and from company to company it becomes a pain to find a proper place on a slider for every firm.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Media Companies Interface

Post by David »

We will improve the AI's algorithm for setting advertising pricing by limiting the amount of change in CPM pricing that it will make each time. (AI may make a price change every 6 months)

The update will be available in v4.4.11. Please test if there are any exploits by human players that are made possible by the aforementioned change.