Internal Sale Issue

General Discussions about new beta versions of Capitalism Lab
aarondmsu363

Internal Sale Issue

Post by aarondmsu363 »

How do you get rid of preexisting clients after you switch to internal sale in a factory? I switched to internal sales on all my factories but I still have third party retailers purchasing from me even after I've switched the products being produced. It's like they're grandfathered in. How do i make my factory stop selling to them?
megapolis
Level 6 user

Re: Internal Sale Issue

Post by megapolis »

aarondmsu363 wrote:How do you get rid of preexisting clients after you switch to internal sale in a factory? I switched to internal sales on all my factories but I still have third party retailers purchasing from me even after I've switched the products being produced. It's like they're grandfathered in. How do i make my factory stop selling to them?
Increase price up to limit and wait until old customers will cease buying.
Other option is remove sales unit and place a new one on its place.

Post by Guest »

megapolis wrote:
aarondmsu363 wrote:How do you get rid of preexisting clients after you switch to internal sale in a factory? I switched to internal sales on all my factories but I still have third party retailers purchasing from me even after I've switched the products being produced. It's like they're grandfathered in. How do i make my factory stop selling to them?
Option 1 is a good idea (didn't even think of that, but it makes sense). Option 2 would be costly because I have about a dozen factories and this happened in almost all of them. Anyway, there ought to be a more administratively clean solution but I guess Option 1 will do. Thanks.
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Guest wrote:
megapolis wrote:
Option 1 is a good idea (didn't even think of that, but it makes sense). Option 2 would be costly because I have about a dozen factories and this happened in almost all of them. Anyway, there ought to be a more administratively clean solution but I guess Option 1 will do. Thanks.
No, it always was this way. Even in Capitalism 2. :)
kazenorin
Level 3 user

Post by kazenorin »

If playing with retailer subsidiaries, option 1 would affect them as well :(

Post by Guest »

kazenorin wrote:If playing with retailer subsidiaries, option 1 would affect them as well :(
But that won't matter on your corporation's overall bottom line.
kazenorin
Level 3 user

Post by kazenorin »

Guest wrote:
kazenorin wrote:If playing with retailer subsidiaries, option 1 would affect them as well :(
Depending on your subsidiaries management policies.

If you didn't set the subsidiary to sell only your products, they will switch sold items.

Otherwise they would close down unprofitable firms.

Or require you to inject capital in periodically.

Post by Guest »

kazenorin wrote:
Guest wrote:
Depending on your subsidiaries management policies.

If you didn't set the subsidiary to sell only your products, they will switch sold items.

Otherwise they would close down unprofitable firms.

Or require you to inject capital in periodically.
I guess I'm not clear on what you mean by "subsidiary." Do you mean a competitor corporation that you've acquired a majority of the share capital of? In that case, doesn't it become a fully integrated entity (i.e. merger) with your corporation, meaning you have complete control over it. You decide if it goes out of business or not. In that case, your sub's retail firm's purchase of your own factory's product is really just your right hand paying your left hand. Perhaps I have a fundamental misunderstanding about what constitutes a subsidiary in this game.
aarondmsu
Level 2 user

Post by aarondmsu »

That last post was by me, btw. Forgot to sign in.
kazenorin
Level 3 user

Post by kazenorin »

I guess I'm not clear on what you mean by "subsidiary." Do you mean a competitor corporation that you've acquired a majority of the share capital of? In that case, doesn't it become a fully integrated entity (i.e. merger) with your corporation, meaning you have complete control over it. You decide if it goes out of business or not. In that case, your sub's retail firm's purchase of your own factory's product is really just your right hand paying your left hand. Perhaps I have a fundamental misunderstanding about what constitutes a subsidiary in this game.
You understood correctly.

The sub however may still periodically lose all cash and require you to inject capital.

You don't actually lose anything, it's just annoying having the "out-of-cash" thing to pop out every now and then.
It also creates an inflated operating profit number for the parent company. This may or may not affect you though.