Warehouse Trouble

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
marky32082

Warehouse Trouble

Post by marky32082 »

I've been playing Cap Lab off and on for about a year and have just started trying to use warehouses. I'm running an auto empire and they have been useful for controlling the flow of both semi-products (wheels/car bodies/engines) and final products (cars). I've run into a new issue where my car body plant was unable to keep up with demand so I setup a warehouse to bring on a second supplier of car bodies. Basically I run an input from my plant and an input from a seaport supplier of car bodies to a warehouse storage. This then gets run to a warehouse output (or 2 depending on demand) that feeds my plants.

[Input1] - [Storage] - [Output 1]
[Input2] / [Empty ] \ [Output 2]

Input 1 comes from my plant, input 2 comes from the seaport. Output 1 and output 2 are meant to be identical and feeding my car assembly plants to cope with demand.

The problem comes from the fact that fairly frequently a new car body sales icon is created (at a new price and with internal sales unchecked) and the old one is removed and all of my plants buying car bodies lose their source of supply. It's almost like as the inventory in storage that is actually being sold switches between Input 1 and Input 2, the output units treat it as a wholly new product. The weird thing is that I have the same setup running in another warehouse for wheels and am not seeing this.

Anybody seen this? My setup is very similar to the one shown here...
http://www.capitalismfans.com/component ... ement.html

for 2 timber inputs. The only differences are that one of my source is my own plant while the other is a seaport and that I am using a storage unit.
rmax
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: Warehouse Trouble

Post by rmax »

Yeah, same problem for me, and it has to be somehow fixed, since the brand does not affect the semi-products. And fast solution is to add private labelling unit between storage unit and all non-yours brand supplies, resulting in constant semi-product brand output.
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

The game does in fact treat the two inputs as different products because in many ways they are. They have different quality values and that will effect the quality of the final product. I have to deal with this in my game too, and I will try the private labeling method.
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

Am curious to know if you are labeling inside or outside the warehouse, and if either method works. When I tried this on Cap2, it didn't work; the storage/inventory units would only accept one source's products at a time, whether or not they had been relabeled, and whether they were labeled with my brand before or after they got to the warehouse. If there was even a little of one source's product left in the storage unit, no products from another source would be stored there, even if they were labeled as belonging to the same company. Anyone know how to work around this problem?
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Etym wrote:Am curious to know if you are labeling inside or outside the warehouse, and if either method works. When I tried this on Cap2, it didn't work; the storage/inventory units would only accept one source's products at a time, whether or not they had been relabeled, and whether they were labeled with my brand before or after they got to the warehouse. If there was even a little of one source's product left in the storage unit, no products from another source would be stored there, even if they were labeled as belonging to the same company. Anyone know how to work around this problem?
There's no warehouse in the original Cap2, but only introduced later in CapLab. If using a factory as warehouse in Cap2, obviously it will work like a factory when dealing with different sourcess.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

True enough. So, what about whether or not mixing sources works in CapLab, and how?
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Etym wrote:True enough. So, what about whether or not mixing sources works in CapLab, and how?
It will be like a mixture of different quality goods from your own source. The result is a quality between different source, depend on their quantities in the mixture inside the storage unit.
Etym
Level 3 user

Post by Etym »

Thanks, Counting!
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Etym wrote:Thanks, Counting!

The mixture happened in every situation where there are more than 2 type of upstream of the same brand in CapLab. If a downstream unit is empty at the time of transit from its upstream, it will has the same quality as the upstream at the time of transit. If it's not empty, it will be the mixture calculated by quantity in existing storage and the incoming upstream.