Has anyone write strategies for Real World Mod?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
eleaza
Level 8 user

Has anyone write strategies for Real World Mod?

Post by eleaza »

I am fairly familiar with the basic game products and production chain, but I got lost with so many products in Real World Mod, no idea which products to be the best entry point, and which goods share materials with which. Has anyone ever organize a map or landscape for players new to Real World Mod?
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Has anyone write strategies for Real World Mod?

Post by WilliamMGary »

my strategy is to identify products that does not already have the infrastructure in place for AI to build the products, products/markets where you will have to manufacture the semi-products in order to make the end products because the semi-products doesn't exist or either are in very short supply.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

WilliamMGary wrote:my strategy is to identify products that does not already have the infrastructure in place for AI to build the products, products/markets where you will have to manufacture the semi-products in order to make the end products because the semi-products doesn't exist or either are in very short supply.
It's a good guiding principle in general, even for the base game. But I'm more curious to know if there's a production tree, or material map that sort of information. I really can not remember all those products and their materials to find common sources. It would take hours, and quite tedious. Although since the market is so big, and AIs can not take them all, I think it doesn't really matter where to start, as long as there are still market left to grab? There are tones of empty market everywhere, which is exactly makes me dizzy, don't know where to begin with.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

I always do specialty stores, for example Bakery, and then I focus on Bakery products. I always play Capitalism Lab with Pen and Paper and write down the end product (i.e. Cheese Cake) and then - the semi products so on paperwork I have Cheese Cake - strawberry, yogurt etc and then above yogurt I would write out what is needed to manufacture it. Because real world mod has so many products and markets (love it) you have to zero in and focus on your business and products.

Once you have your bakery business going and profitable you identify another market with no competition, lack of infrastructure and repeat the process.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

WilliamMGary wrote:I always do specialty stores, for example Bakery, and then I focus on Bakery products. I always play Capitalism Lab with Pen and Paper and write down the end product (i.e. Cheese Cake) and then - the semi products so on paperwork I have Cheese Cake - strawberry, yogurt etc and then above yogurt I would write out what is needed to manufacture it. Because real world mod has so many products and markets (love it) you have to zero in and focus on your business and products.

Once you have your bakery business going and profitable you identify another market with no competition, lack of infrastructure and repeat the process.
What about other businesses? Should I start with my own expertise class? Or are there particular profitable product classes that have high common shared semi-products or raw materials? Are there products too complex or have too much intermediary steps, so best not to touch them early on?
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

eleaza wrote:
WilliamMGary wrote:I always do specialty stores, for example Bakery, and then I focus on Bakery products. I always play Capitalism Lab with Pen and Paper and write down the end product (i.e. Cheese Cake) and then - the semi products so on paperwork I have Cheese Cake - strawberry, yogurt etc and then above yogurt I would write out what is needed to manufacture it. Because real world mod has so many products and markets (love it) you have to zero in and focus on your business and products.

What about other businesses? Should I start with my own expertise class? Or are there particular profitable product classes that have high common shared semi-products or raw materials? Are there products too complex or have too much intermediary steps, so best not to touch them early on?
I think those are the best ones to start with as the AI will likely not be able to produce them. It's expensive starting out but no competition.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

WilliamMGary wrote:
eleaza wrote:

I think those are the best ones to start with as the AI will likely not be able to produce them. It's expensive starting out but no competition.
So like the base game, farming products are still the best way to start then. This is interesting. But RealWorld mod seems to change quite often, I wonder if the best strategy is still the same after a few updates.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

look for a group of products "bakery" where no AIs have the end products. Building whatever components you need to make the end product and open retail stores in every market (scale) and then look for another market with the same preferably ones that can leverage of some your existing infrastructure and you will be fine.
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

My strategy is a follows:
1. Secure as large funds as you can through stock investment prior to 2025.
2. Create subsidiary with complete/permanent set of officers for long-term. They will not request for increase of salary. Use them as your main company.
3. Analyze market. Find product/area with little to no competition. Find product also with very high revenue cap. Preferably, the simpler to create the product, the better.
4. Test product if able to produce competitively. If product does not sell even with price drop and supply chain fix for better quality, then drop it. Find a better product.
5. Go for full vertical integration of the product, securing all raw material early on while cheap. This tends to become the bottleneck later.
6. Maximize R&D on the product.
7. Saturate each city with product until close to 100% market share.
8. Prepare R&D for next product.
9. Buy shares of company you need to takeover for expansion.
10. Repeat.

Implementation of strategy:
I found on my gameplay that i should focus on Energy Contracts. 2 billion market. Costs 2 bucks and can sell up to 100 or more bucks.
bdubbs
Level 3 user

Post by bdubbs »

Well it's already been established that there's numerous classes to choose from, and plenty where you don't need to fear AI competition. Honestly my biggest critique of the realworldmod would be that the extra product classes make it too easy to avoid competition.

With that said when it comes to specific classes (take apparel for example) where there are a very high number of products to choose within the class. I've found that game to game the demand for certain products within the class can change pretty significantly. So its important to pay attention to which products you focus your research on early. some products within the class will likely have much lower total demand than others.

As far as an easy, sure-fire product to sell initially I'd recommend gas and diesel if there's oil available from the seaport. 1 purchasing unit can support 6 manufacturing units and 2 sales units. Demand is usually pretty high for these products, and raw material tech is a bigger factor in your end product. There might be competition, but not enough to really challenge you if you move quickly. Once you expand into whatever product class you want to focus on you can always pass off your factories and retailers to a subsidiary.