Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Will anyone want to watch live streaming Capitalism Lab?

Post by counting »

Esoteric Rogue wrote: Yeah, I'm obviously not the best broadcast personality. I just click "start streaming" so my couple friends that don't have time to play video games have something to talk about.

Somebody else on this forum tried more directed content on YouTube after I did. He had nice effects. Also seemed to conclude CapLab is not the way to build a fan-base. Ah yes. KipperKats

However, yes, getting Shenryyr2 or someone to stream this would be huge. He gets 100 viewers when he's offline.

About software: My life got 300% easier when I started using OBS.
Actually a long time ago, another youtuber Blackworth and I had the idea of doing Capitalism II let's play before CapLab was released. And he did eventually put out a short series of Capitalism II, and I believe to be the first attempt on youtube. Sadly his channel encountered the infamous youtube copyright block shortly after, and had to move to a new channel and the series was put on hold indefinitely. Back then I didn't have good enough internet connection and computer for streaming videos, and OBS wasn't even available. Right now, since I got a new notebook and microphone and able to stream my favorite city building games, I'm thinking to revive the idea of streaming CapLab or Cap2 in the mean time. I am not doing it for advertising but just a hobby, I can live with just few viewers (my problem is more of lack of time to edit video, and English with heavy accent)

Big youtubers should be good for promoting contents since they know how to generate good commentary to keep viewer interested, but most my friends with enough subscribers are more of city builders type than business simulation players (If you know some big weights, like Shenryyr2 who are interested in Capitalism, please ask them to squeeze out some time and do a short series). I think some unique themes can also help a lot by telling stories than simply playing a game, so viewers won't feel like watching "accounting 101". And it would help if there are contents associated with other business simulation games to bring potential players and viewers in. Perhaps even with co-op commentaries from some of us on the forum to provide interesting conversation and spice up the content.

Retro games are making a come back recently, so I really believe CapLab can be promoted at this moment in time, fan base can be grown when expose to the right target audiences, and enough of us to put out at least some contents every week.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
Killerbrandt

Post by Killerbrandt »

Did you ever make a video of gameplay for this game? I would love to see how you play it and set up your company.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

OK, let me open a stream on my twitch channel in 30 minutes :P
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

I've recorded 4 hours of Capitalism lab, but no audio commentary, feel kinda of boring with the first 2 hours I was just recognizing my hundreds of retail stores and factories. The later half I was trying to optimize my production, outsourcing raw material production to AI, merger a few companies to obtain monopoly on specific markets, and waiting for a competitors to get bankrupt XD. And I sort of forget to sell its stock before it went down, so I only reloaded once to check weather I get any settlement from this bankruptcy or its stock just vanish into thin air. Sadly the video in the last 2 hours freezes only a few frames are there.

And here is the beginning and the end of recording save files. Started with 1 city, 30 AIs, no inflation, no random event, very low starting fund, and everything else to the max difficulty. The beginning I use the few bucks to play the stock markets and earn enough fund to start 2 farms for steady income, then went with my person's specialty class snacks. Sadly there are 2 AIs also specialized in snacks and it takes 25 years to buy them out and merger to finally dominate snack products. And took 100 more years to dominate almost all products. The tricky part of 1 city challenge is that you have to be careful with your production since consumption is fairly limited, and share resources within factories to save up every bit of overhead cost. or the profit margin would be quite low.
Attachments
1 city challenge.rar
(4.77 MiB) Downloaded 200 times
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

And if you want to listen to audio commentary, my friend situlgaming is doing a Cap 2 missions let's play. And below is the link to his playlist

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... BMTlVNorHy

It won't be going very quickly though, probably a few missions every month or so.
Killerbrandt

Post by Killerbrandt »

SWEET!! I am going to watch it when I get home today from work! Thank you for recording a game session and I will also check out the other guys. I love trying to learn all the best possible ways to play a game.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Nice Let's Play video for Cap2! In fact, we have added a link to the video on the official Capitalism 2 web site. Here is the page: http://www.enlight.com/capitalism2/Videos.html

By the way, we are thinking about creating a trailer for Capitalism Lab and feature it on the official Capitalism Lab web site (http://www.capitalismlab.com). If you or somebody you know has experience and expertise of creating trailers for PC strategy games and is interested in creating one for Capitalism Lab, please contact me via private messaging on this forum. We can discuss the details and the compensation for this task.

The trailer's duration could be between 1 to 3 minutes and introduce the major features of Capitalism Lab in an attractive way. The target audience will be any persons who are interested in strategy games, including those who have or have not played Capitalism 2 before, so it will not only highlight CapLab's new features over Cap2 but CapLab's all game features as a whole.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

"Greed is Good" - Needs to be somewhere in the trailer :)