Why control a corporation?

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
titule
Level 2 user

Why control a corporation?

Post by titule »

BTW: The search in this forum is useless, since all words are deleted as being "common". Try search for "control company".. how can these be too common words?

Now to my point: What's the benefit in controlling another corporation?
I just bought "Mutual Group" and can see all their assets..and that's it :?:
I can't even fire the manager, close firms, tell them to buy my stuff.. nothing!!
That's not exactly what I call "control"...
or am I missing something?
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: Why control a corporation?

Post by WilliamMGary »

titule wrote:BTW: The search in this forum is useless, since all words are deleted as being "common". Try search for "control company".. how can these be too common words?

Now to my point: What's the benefit in controlling another corporation?
I just bought "Mutual Group" and can see all their assets..and that's it :?:
I can't even fire the manager, close firms, tell them to buy my stuff.. nothing!!
That's not exactly what I call "control"...
or am I missing something?
This is still a work in progress :-)

At the moment you get control of their cash and/or you can "Acquire" them once you own 75% of their stock and IF they issue a dividend you're get some return on your investment and that's it.
jondonnis
Level 5 user

Post by jondonnis »

If that's the case it's always seemed to be work in progress, as I'm sure that's all you had in Cap 2.

When I had a few billion the only reason I was taking control of companies was so I could sell the stock of mine they held, so I could buy it :)
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

jondonnis wrote:If that's the case it's always seemed to be work in progress, as I'm sure that's all you had in Cap 2.

When I had a few billion the only reason I was taking control of companies was so I could sell the stock of mine they held, so I could buy it :)
Definitely
titule
Level 2 user

Post by titule »

I see.. a work without progress. :|

I haven't looked into modding yet, does anybody know if that is something moddable?
Black
Level 4 user

Post by Black »

titule wrote:I see.. a work without progress. :|

I haven't looked into modding yet, does anybody know if that is something moddable?
No :( , or maybe not yet...

But maybe we will see expansion pack that will enchance subsidiary control in the fututre, there is subforum about this http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=37
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

Usually it's for personal pleasure only :lol:

But seriously, game mechanics-wise, it's a quick way to cut into market where you don't have a pie on product share, and can't catch up on tech. Also it's a mechanics for pure stock-focus company to become a holding company and control the market without a single firm. Or sometimes when the land plot are being occupied by some AIs, gaining control means you can sell their land to free up space. And with the introduction of child/subsidiary brand rating retained after merger, now you can quickly taken over a company's brand without needing to start from scratch.

This is definitely a work in progress, but still progressed over the years (albeit a very slow pace :roll: )
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Berbe
Level 3 user

Post by Berbe »

I prefer to revive this old thread rather than start a new one (in case I get blamed for it) as I was wondering the same...

I bought Capitalism Lab some while ago and the unfinished business about subsidiaries does not seem to have moved much (apart from some cosmetic new content).

Now I see there is a 'Subsidiary DLC'... which gives what the game lacked!
Does that mean the subsidiaries management will remain unfinished in the base game, as it was already unfinished in Capitalism II before?
titule
Level 2 user

Post by titule »

Not really. I don't see how you could buy shares of other subsidiaries.
If you have them, you can control them as I would have wanted it for corporations.
It seems to mee that introducing subsidiaries instead of enhancing corporations was a wrong step.
Now we have half of this, none of that. Some how the game was like this forever.
Does that mean the subsidiaries management will remain unfinished in the base game, as it was already unfinished in Capitalism II before?
A way out would be to merge the concept of corporations and subsidiaries. But I'm afraid the answer to your question is yes.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

titule wrote:
Not really. I don't see how you could buy shares of other subsidiaries.
If you have them, you can control them as I would have wanted it for corporations.
It seems to mee that introducing subsidiaries instead of enhancing corporations was a wrong step.
Now we have half of this, none of that. Some how the game was like this forever.
A way out would be to merge the concept of corporations and subsidiaries. But I'm afraid the answer to your question is yes.
First, happy holiday!

And there are lots of changes for the core game and Sub DLC, as well as the new CES DLC since this very old post years ago. Not only can players now have direct control of their subsidiaries, but also manage them through subsidiaries CEO. And with sub DLC players can set up subs directly like a branch of player's corporation. And if players have more than 75% control of an existence corporations, they will behave just like set up subsidiaries as well.

I won't say they are cosmetic change at all.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me