Tips for Hiring COO/CMO/CTO please help!

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Re: Tips for Hiring COO/CMO/CTO please help!

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

In the details tab of the office of the COO (found at HQ), there are sliders and settings you can use to make the COO behave in a certain way. One of them is if they are allowed to find new supplies or not. I never let them find new supplies or decide what to sell, the supply and production lines are what I do because I can do them better than the AI. The AI is good at setting prices and there is a slider to tell them to concentrate more on profit or market share.
aarondmsu
Level 2 user

Post by aarondmsu »

I do all my advertising through my retail shops. If I hire a COO and put him in charge of a retail firm that has an advertising unit set up within it, but then deselect "change advertising budget" within the management policies for the COO, will the COO still mess with the advertising of that retail firm I gave him control of? Furthermore, if I hire a CMO, will the CMO exercise control over the advertising budget within that retail firm even though the firm itself is under the control of the COO?
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

aarondmsu wrote:I do all my advertising through my retail shops. If I hire a COO and put him in charge of a retail firm that has an advertising unit set up within it, but then deselect "change advertising budget" within the management policies for the COO, will the COO still mess with the advertising of that retail firm I gave him control of? Furthermore, if I hire a CMO, will the CMO exercise control over the advertising budget within that retail firm even though the firm itself is under the control of the COO?
the COO will do nothing when you deactivate advertising and the CMO will do his work, even when the store/fac is under control by the CEO/COO

greetz
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".
nopara73

Post by nopara73 »

I got this game in the hopes it may make me better at running my IRL company. So.. after doing the tutorials I went for the Fashion Mogul scenario at the highest difficulty level. I've been managing it the past few weeks, however I think the COO breaks my game and I seem to be stuck:

At this level I must sweat blood to make sure I have the right products and the right prices in my retail stores, otherwise I always go bankrupt. And unfortunately when I hire a COO, my company goes under within a few years without an exception. Yes, I hire the COO with the highest retail experience and I did simulations with different COO policies during different parts of the game.

So, I decided to go without a COO, but the problem is micromanaging prices and supplies are infeasible after a certain number of retail stores. So it seems, the game is broken on the highest difficulty level after about 40 years into the game.

Since I'm new to all this there's a possibility that I'm missing something basic here and thus my question: do I?
Kseniia_grvs

Post by Kseniia_grvs »

How to hire a CTO?Here are the questions you need to ask.Here are some tips to help you find great chief technology candidates and make the right hire for your business.