New Let's Play Series

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
pdxsean

Re: New Let's Play Series

Post by pdxsean »

I tested the scrolling speed today without using the recording software and it seems equally slow. It is the same whether I use the mouse and drag or use the edge scrolling. I've made a video for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HthcUQXNMoM

The difficulty settings menu (f9) still doesn't show up on video but can be seen when I am playing. It's not a big deal but just FYI. I can't seem to remember how to get to that screen without using the hotkey. Unfortunately F9 is the hotkey to turn video on/off and I'm not about to change that since it works on every other game I play.

Thanks again for all the kind words and great help! David I think it's great you're so involved here with even little boring stuff like this!
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

pdxsean wrote:
The difficulty settings menu (f9) still doesn't show up on video but can be seen when I am playing. It's not a big deal but just FYI. I can't seem to remember how to get to that screen without using the hotkey. Unfortunately F9 is the hotkey to turn video on/off and I'm not about to change that since it works on every other game I play.
The game menu button looks like a green book on the top left toolbox. Below the stock market button, above the red checkmark and speed dial. On the game menu you can find the game setting.

The scrolling speed looks about the same in my game, the horizontal and vertical scroll felt a lot slower than diagonal direction scrolling though. And once you get used to the minimap dragging, you'll probably never use scrolling, at least it's for me.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
rulepha
Level 2 user

Post by rulepha »

im always scrolling around while holding down and dragging the mouse to the mini map i found its easier than using wasd (for me at least)
kazenorin
Level 3 user

Post by kazenorin »

David wrote:The Youtuber mentioned that he would like to see a better way to scroll the city map.

Any suggestions for improving it?

Personally, I am using the mouse to scroll the city map and it works fine for me. I just move the mouse towards the edges of the screen to scroll.

There is an alternative way to scroll it using the mouse too - pressing the right mouse button and then move the mouse. It seems that scrolling speed using this method in the YouTube video is slower than what I experienced in my game using the same method. Did anybody experience slowness in scrolling the city map too?
I play in the largest windowed mode (1280x1024 iirc?) on my 2560x1440 monitor,
border scrolling is practically unusable (mouse leaves window).

Mouse-drag scrolling is not very comfortable, it seems to scroll at a constant speed?

The only way for me to comfortably scroll is click-dragging the minimap.

Perhaps implementing a Right-mouse-button drag that has variable speed?
For example, the further its dragged towards the border, the faster it scrolls.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

For example, the further its dragged towards the border, the faster it scrolls.
It already functions this way.

Perhaps you could try the latest post-release beta version 4.4.11 http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10. The difference between this version and the 4.3.x version is that the scroll speed is faster when it is at the most zoomed out level (there are 3 zoom levels in the game.)

I've tested all the 3 zoom levels in v4.4.11 by dragging the mouse while pressing the right mouse button and the speed is pretty reasonable. So before making any adjustment to the system, we will like to collect more info from users like yourself. Otherwise, we may make the scroll speed too fast for some users.