can i get some advice please

Post here if you have any strategy tips to share
rulepha
Level 2 user

can i get some advice please

Post by rulepha »

hello there its my first time with cap lab and after playing for few days there are some things that i want to ask about.

1- decreasing sales: i had a scenario where i sell about 1 million frozen chicken each store but after several years that decreased to 400.000 i checked the population and market share but there isnt a difference neither of them so what should i look for when i encounter sale decrease ? inflation ? wage ?

2- inflation: i have a little bit hard time understanding the inflation how and why inflation incease/decrease and how to counter that. the only think i noticed if i make my prices too high in my dominated markets inflation increases. and what the inflation % really mean ? i mean what should i understand when i see %7 inflation ? is there a any preperations for certain inflation ratios ?

3- dominating the retail market: ok thats a hard one i encountered that issue while playing the farm scenario and i really had a hard time dominating the retail market should i literally spam retails around i mean is it just about the number of the retail stores you have ? because no matter how many retails i build i could only reach 3rd place

4- insane price wars that ai makes: in the fashion scenario i really suprised about the ai because they sell prices that makes - income just to increase its market share. i dont exacly remember the prices but i will make an example: i was selling blazers with 1-2 dollar profit (say the cost is 6 and im selling it for 8) and the ai corporations selling it for 1.90 while the cost is the same thus making a huge negative profit for them but still manage to fight. in that kind of issue what you guys do ? making profit from other products and selling the another with negative profit just to gain the market share ?

i may have more questions but thats all for now :)
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: can i get some advice please

Post by eleaza »

rulepha wrote: 1- decreasing sales: i had a scenario where i sell about 1 million frozen chicken each store but after several years that decreased to 400.000 i checked the population and market share but there isnt a difference neither of them so what should i look for when i encounter sale decrease ? inflation ? wage ?
Way too many possible situations can cause this, perhaps you could upload your saved games before and after the situation so it would be more easier to understand what happened.
rulepha wrote: 2- inflation: i have a little bit hard time understanding the inflation how and why inflation incease/decrease and how to counter that. the only think i noticed if i make my prices too high in my dominated markets inflation increases. and what the inflation % really mean ? i mean what should i understand when i see %7 inflation ? is there a any preperations for certain inflation ratios ?
There are short answers and really complex answers, short answer is you need to have higher than 7% of profit return to just keep up with the inflation, otherwise the "actual market value" of your corporation will shrink in its real value.

The more complex answers are it's just like real life inflation, nominal price of goods increase 7% comparably to a year ago, so a product is now $107 has the same value as it was $100 a year ago. But the money itself doesn't change since it's the measuring medium. So say if you had spent $100 in expenses in exchange for a product in warehouse inventory a year ago and giving the nominal amount $100 money to the whole economic system, then you sell it now to a customer and get $107 back from the system, in this situation, you only reach a equilibrium balance where nothing is gain and lose, one thing came in, one thing goes out, the only thing different is the "number" on your account (let's just leave where the $7 came from, maybe we will discuss this later). However, since you can set whatever the price you'd like to sell this product, and if there's a customer willing and able to pay more than $107, say $110, and you set the price $110, the customer give you $110 instead of $107, then you break the 7% inflation equilibrium. All the customers demand for the extra $3 will drive up the money demand, central banks have to somehow increase the money supply for this increase of money to pay, and the inflation rate becomes higher than 7% as a result of the extra money floating around. On the other hand when you as a company gain the extra money, making your cash goes up, you could spend more and this time produce more than the $100 real value (now $107 in nominal price) of goods to future customers (i.e. you can spend $110 instead of $107, the real value of 110/107=$102.8 real value of product. 2.8% more products compared to a year ago), reaching toward another equilibrium. The real trouble will start if you don't spend and invest the extra $3 back to the system, and let the money sit in your cash account and do nothing, this will take money out of circulation and the system need to work extra hard to provide more money supply and at some point it will drive down the customer's ability and willingness to pay at higher price, thus decrease the money floating around and decrease of inflation rate (even deflation might occur). Hence in general, a healthy not-to-high inflation rate is good for businesses where it just keeps up with the economy growth, customers will pay higher in nominal price and your business will gain profit as long as you keep the circulation going. But too high of the inflation rate will cut down the real profit your corporation can make, and people may not have enough money to buy the same amount of goods (the overheating of economy). It will usually be even worse if it goes to deflation where the economy itself might literally shrink due to lack of goods and money, no growth no profit (most likely end up with recession).
rulepha wrote: 3- dominating the retail market: ok thats a hard one i encountered that issue while playing the farm scenario and i really had a hard time dominating the retail market should i literally spam retails around i mean is it just about the number of the retail stores you have ? because no matter how many retails i build i could only reach 3rd place
No, spamming retail stores doesn't work if there's no more demand from customers (downstream), and more supply from upstream. It will just drive up expenses on overheads and salaries. You need to put retail stores with the right amount and at higher traffic index location. You probably could drop the price, increase the product's quality, or increase the brand for more competitive product. But by doing so there might be extra costs as well. Hence the difficulty lies in the balance of how to find the spot where increase in revenue outpaces the increase of expenses, and you gain more profit in between. Expand too far or not enough will both net less profit. However if the goal of a game is to dominate a market, then you might need to take a hit on profit margin, and simply make a move on the competitions, where you either gain the profit from somewhere else, or just simply merger the competitors to gain their market share (or if you know how to do it, just drive competitors out of business).
rulepha wrote: 4- insane price wars that ai makes: in the fashion scenario i really suprised about the ai because they sell prices that makes - income just to increase its market share. i dont exacly remember the prices but i will make an example: i was selling blazers with 1-2 dollar profit (say the cost is 6 and im selling it for 8) and the ai corporations selling it for 1.90 while the cost is the same thus making a huge negative profit for them but still manage to fight. in that kind of issue what you guys do ? making profit from other products and selling the another with negative profit just to gain the market share ?
AIs are usually a little insane at price war. If they have enough capital, they can stand quite a hit on profit, even goes into negative just to stay on the market. And AI's tendency toward suicide is one of the weakness you can use to drive them out of business, no one no matter how deep in pocket can stand pure losses forever (ofc unless they have other source of income to make up the losses in one front, in that case, you might also want to take the fight to their other fronts). But remember that not all corporations have the same "cost" in their production. Some might have better and cheaper sources, even cheaper freight cost due to better location, even their own vertically integrated production where the "cost" is not a problem since they produce all their materials internally (if they have enough market share to provide revenues they can stay at a very cheap selling price). My advice is either copy the competitor's strategy so you'd be able to also compete at that level, or if the product is not the game goal, just abandon the lost cause (unless you are aiming other than profit, like just drive down competitor's profit, at the expenses of your own profit, or to exhaust materials where they can not use them on other crucial products you are truly aiming for)
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
rulepha
Level 2 user

Post by rulepha »

first of all thank you for your answers
eleaza wrote: Way too many possible situations can cause this, perhaps you could upload your saved games before and after the situation so it would be more easier to understand what happened.
i overwrite the save for another one because i lost the scenario but can you still give me some cues about possible situations ? i will upload a save if i encounter the same problem without any solituons again

eleaza wrote:There are short answers and really complex answers, short answer is you need to have higher than 7% of profit return to just keep up with the inflation, otherwise the "actual market value" of your corporation will shrink in its real value
the long answer was really helpful thank you very much :)

eleaza wrote:No, spamming retail stores doesn't work if there's no more demand from customers (downstream), and more supply from upstream. It will just drive up expenses on overheads and salaries. You need to put retail stores with the right amount and at higher traffic index location. You probably could drop the price, increase the product's quality, or increase the brand for more competitive product. But by doing so there might be extra costs as well. Hence the difficulty lies in the balance of how to find the spot where increase in revenue outpaces the increase of expenses, and you gain more profit in between. Expand too far or not enough will both net less profit. However if the goal of a game is to dominate a market, then you might need to take a hit on profit margin, and simply make a move on the competitions, where you either gain the profit from somewhere else, or just simply merger the competitors to gain their market share (or if you know how to do it, just drive competitors out of business).
the only solution that i could find is buying/merging with other companies but i couldnt catch up with the time limit of 30years so i ended up losing it. and that scenario doenst allow me to build mines i was stuck with the food sector only but now i think again i could have setup retail stores and sell another companies products.
rulepha wrote:AIs are usually a little insane at price war. If they have enough capital, they can stand quite a hit on profit, even goes into negative just to stay on the market. And AI's tendency toward suicide is one of the weakness you can use to drive them out of business, no one no matter how deep in pocket can stand pure losses forever (ofc unless they have other source of income to make up the losses in one front, in that case, you might also want to take the fight to their other fronts). But remember that not all corporations have the same "cost" in their production. Some might have better and cheaper sources, even cheaper freight cost due to better location, even their own vertically integrated production where the "cost" is not a problem since they produce all their materials internally (if they have enough market share to provide revenues they can stay at a very cheap selling price). My advice is either copy the competitor's strategy so you'd be able to also compete at that level, or if the product is not the game goal, just abandon the lost cause (unless you are aiming other than profit, like just drive down competitor's profit, at the expenses of your own profit, or to exhaust materials where they can not use them on other crucial products you are truly aiming for)
i think there is no way to produce blazers lower than 1.90 and i saw the ai's retail and he was making -500.000 profit from blazers while selling it for 1.90 so i think as you said he makes it up with other profits. so my only option here is to make the same and gain the market share with negative profit and make it up with other products profits.

i have another questions about city building and how to increase population i learned that its about the unemployment rate and the life quality in general so i make a district with apartments with many sport and civic buildings around and with that i managed the increase my population of 450.000 to 670.000 but it took a lot of time am i missing something here or is it realisticly that slow ? i mean how many years you guys spend to increase the citys population 450.000 to 2-3 millions ?

how do i know how many police stations that city needs ? (its for all civic buildings the police station is just an example)

in the city economic dlc's page it says the unemployment rate is about the city competitive rating on certain product classes and you can icrease that with univercity education and in the city graph it says that when the rating of a product class is exeed the world wide rating the city is start to export that goods to worldwide (if i understand correctly) i was in food sector again and with the education the city competitive rating of food product is now 99 while the green bar (i guess thats the worldwide rating) is near 40 so does it mean the city is exporting food product already or there are certain steps to do that ? and how to decrease unemployment rate

im sorry for all the questions but sadly there are no tutorials for both dlcs and im having hard time when i search on the forum because either i cant find information or i found some information from 2014 or older
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

rulepha wrote: i overwrite the save for another one because i lost the scenario but can you still give me some cues about possible situations ? i will upload a save if i encounter the same problem without any solituons again
I am just afraid that due to all the possible situations, and they all need to be dealt with in very different ways, you might end up using the wrong solutions and get more confused as a result. The possible situations ranging from economic cycles to inflation settings, to overall rating constantly too low over time, to simply misread or misinterpreted the information showing on the screen. Without a save file to clear that, possibilities can go on.
rulepha wrote: the only solution that i could find is buying/merging with other companies but i couldnt catch up with the time limit of 30years so i ended up losing it. and that scenario doenst allow me to build mines i was stuck with the food sector only but now i think again i could have setup retail stores and sell another companies products.
Food sector has many by-products that can be used for something else. And you can get other materials from AI sources. As to not enough time, if you find you are already behind in year 20 of something, it's probably not going to make it anyway, so a restart is probably needed. A small difference in profit or losing slightly will get magnified and has cascade effect in the long run. Usually a good plan from the start is necessary when the difficulty is high.
rulepha wrote: i think there is no way to produce blazers lower than 1.90 and i saw the ai's retail and he was making -500.000 profit from blazers while selling it for 1.90 so i think as you said he makes it up with other profits. so my only option here is to make the same and gain the market share with negative profit and make it up with other products profits.
I think it is possible to have extremely low average cost for blazers, if the productions are fully vertically integrated and shared with other products with its raw materials. The total overhead cost and salaries costs aren't that huge. However in your case here, I agree it is highly likely due to AI being suicidal than being efficient.
rulepha wrote: i have another questions about city building and how to increase population i learned that its about the unemployment rate and the life quality in general so i make a district with apartments with many sport and civic buildings around and with that i managed the increase my population of 450.000 to 670.000 but it took a lot of time am i missing something here or is it realisticly that slow ? i mean how many years you guys spend to increase the citys population 450.000 to 2-3 millions ?
It depends on where the population started. My record is growing from 500k to 2 million in 24 years. From 500k to 1 million took less than 10 years. And it's possible to go even faster. However going from 2 million to 3 million will probably has some difficulties in later stage. Perhaps easier with the release version than previous beta version, I haven't tested exactly the difference. And with the new beta of different sized cities and more cities in general, the answer might again be different. But all in all from 450k to 670k shouldn't be too long, at least shouldn't be more than 10 years.
rulepha wrote: how do i know how many police stations that city needs ? (its for all civic buildings the police station is just an example)

in the city economic dlc's page it says the unemployment rate is about the city competitive rating on certain product classes and you can icrease that with univercity education and in the city graph it says that when the rating of a product class is exeed the world wide rating the city is start to export that goods to worldwide (if i understand correctly) i was in food sector again and with the education the city competitive rating of food product is now 99 while the green bar (i guess thats the worldwide rating) is near 40 so does it mean the city is exporting food product already or there are certain steps to do that ? and how to decrease unemployment rate

im sorry for all the questions but sadly there are no tutorials for both dlcs and im having hard time when i search on the forum because either i cant find information or i found some information from 2014 or older
You need universities to improve competitiveness across the broad in all classes to really have impact on unemployment rate in short period of time. In my game toward 2 million city I built at least 9 to 12 universities from the start, and end up having more than 22 universities in the highest population one in the end. Another quick way of providing job opening is by spamming media firms, but it's kinda expenses, essentially buying down unemployment with huge expenses and costs. Also lowering the taxes to about 10% or less helps, attracting more AI firms inside the city definitely helps, but might cause a lot of pollutions in the process if those are factories. If you want to grow population, high pollution will be the last thing you want. Quality of Life in jobs and income is also crucial, unemployment pay is one expenses you can not ignore.

A lot of the new information in DLC are constantly changing due to their are just recently released, and probably a lot of the issue regarding game plays are not that far from the core game. And feel free to ask, I think a lot of players are happy to help if they can.
rulepha
Level 2 user

Post by rulepha »

eleaza wrote:I think it is possible to have extremely low average cost for blazers, if the productions are fully vertically integrated and shared with other products with its raw materials. The total overhead cost and salaries costs aren't that huge. However in your case here, I agree it is highly likely due to AI being suicidal than being efficient.
you can set the output price extremely low from the factory/farms but in that case doesnt it mean that now the factory/farm will gain negative profit ? i agree you can have low cost for a product but i think you cant make profit with that.
eleaza wrote:It depends on where the population started. My record is growing from 500k to 2 million in 24 years. From 500k to 1 million took less than 10 years. And it's possible to go even faster. However going from 2 million to 3 million will probably has some difficulties in later stage. Perhaps easier with the release version than previous beta version, I haven't tested exactly the difference. And with the new beta of different sized cities and more cities in general, the answer might again be different. But all in all from 450k to 670k shouldn't be too long, at least shouldn't be more than 10 years.
well it took me 10-11 years to grow 450k to 670k :D

rulepha wrote:You need universities to improve competitiveness across the broad in all classes to really have impact on unemployment rate in short period of time. In my game toward 2 million city I built at least 9 to 12 universities from the start, and end up having more than 22 universities in the highest population one in the end. Another quick way of providing job opening is by spamming media firms, but it's kinda expenses, essentially buying down unemployment with huge expenses and costs. Also lowering the taxes to about 10% or less helps, attracting more AI firms inside the city definitely helps, but might cause a lot of pollutions in the process if those are factories. If you want to grow population, high pollution will be the last thing you want. Quality of Life in jobs and income is also crucial, unemployment pay is one expenses you can not ignore.

A lot of the new information in DLC are constantly changing due to their are just recently released, and probably a lot of the issue regarding game plays are not that far from the core game. And feel free to ask, I think a lot of players are happy to help if they can.
for the pollution i will be plannig a insdustrial zone next time i didnt do it before because at first i must admit i misunderstood the zoning tool (because i played cities skylines for a long time) and tought if i zone a section city will build itself (like automaticly building houses when i zone for residental just like cities skylines :D )

again where can i see how many civic building that city needs ? (like how many hospitals that i need etc..)

im really grateful for all the answers and maybe this topic can help other new players like me.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

rulepha wrote: you can set the output price extremely low from the factory/farms but in that case doesnt it mean that now the factory/farm will gain negative profit ? i agree you can have low cost for a product but i think you cant make profit with that.
Your own factories pay your own retails, you pay yourself, so it doesn't matter what price you set internally. What you loss in factories you gain from retail stores profit. Obviously when you went for cheap and massive volume strategy you need to have a very large production capacity to make up the low profit margin, and make sure the revenue is large enough to pay for the internal expenses, make sure all the production can smoothly be sold to huge demand from customers. And obviously this has a limit, at certain point the long term average cost will surpass the selling price (however it's pretty low, especially for Apparel type products, their raw materials are very abundant and quantity is huge). AI usually doesn't scale up their production very well for this to work, but human player can.
rulepha wrote: well it took me 10-11 years to grow 450k to 670k :D
If you went for the fastest growth it is possible to growth 50k a year (after 500k population even more a year) hence 4 to 5 years is possible, just very difficult. If you don't work that hard to push population, then 20k a year is not that slow.
rulepha wrote: for the pollution i will be plannig a insdustrial zone next time i didnt do it before because at first i must admit i misunderstood the zoning tool (because i played cities skylines for a long time) and tought if i zone a section city will build itself (like automaticly building houses when i zone for residental just like cities skylines :D )

again where can i see how many civic building that city needs ? (like how many hospitals that i need etc..)

im really grateful for all the answers and maybe this topic can help other new players like me.
If you plan the layout right, you only need to worry about government facility, in theory AIs will invest in building all the other buildings however they are not that fast to response. AI will build apartments, commercials, etc. and mostly they will build retail stores when the city start to run for itself when it's an AI party running city.

And be careful about industrial zone, AI tends to like build factories very close to each other and causing lots of pollution.

Go to the Cities screen (hotkey 'T'), and check the Public Facilities tab. The supply/demand index represent total numbers demand by the city, and coverage determine how well these facilities' coverages are. You can check the coverage by switch to Population and Public Services Mode in the minimap. Or each public facility screen itself when you click it also shows the supply/demand index of its own type, Geographic Coverage percentage, as well as Quality of Service. You don't actually need to go for full 100 in every category this is not Simcity type of game, everything is about supply and demand balance, they will reach new equilibrium regardless what (just probably not the equilibrium you want)
rulepha
Level 2 user

Post by rulepha »

and i am back with more :P

eleaza wrote:Your own factories pay your own retails, you pay yourself, so it doesn't matter what price you set internally. What you loss in factories you gain from retail stores profit. Obviously when you went for cheap and massive volume strategy you need to have a very large production capacity to make up the low profit margin, and make sure the revenue is large enough to pay for the internal expenses, make sure all the production can smoothly be sold to huge demand from customers. And obviously this has a limit, at certain point the long term average cost will surpass the selling price (however it's pretty low, especially for Apparel type products, their raw materials are very abundant and quantity is huge). AI usually doesn't scale up their production very well for this to work, but human player can.

i always try to make at least a little profit with every firm i own (exept crop farms) its a bad habid that i get while playing capitalism 2 years ago. when you playing are you only focusing on retail profits and make up all the loss from there ? i think its hard to calculate prices when you do that.

rulepha wrote:If you plan the layout right, you only need to worry about government facility, in theory AIs will invest in building all the other buildings however they are not that fast to response. AI will build apartments, commercials, etc. and mostly they will build retail stores when the city start to run for itself when it's an AI party running city.

And be careful about industrial zone, AI tends to like build factories very close to each other and causing lots of pollution.

Go to the Cities screen (hotkey 'T'), and check the Public Facilities tab. The supply/demand index represent total numbers demand by the city, and coverage determine how well these facilities' coverages are. You can check the coverage by switch to Population and Public Services Mode in the minimap. Or each public facility screen itself when you click it also shows the supply/demand index of its own type, Geographic Coverage percentage, as well as Quality of Service. You don't actually need to go for full 100 in every category this is not Simcity type of game, everything is about supply and demand balance, they will reach new equilibrium regardless what (just probably not the equilibrium you want
thanks im now ok with public facilities :)
but after many experiments im little bit frustrated and had hard time understand some other features like:

1- pollution is killing me and there isnt a counter that i could find. i zoned the insdustrial district really far from the populated areas but it doesnt make difference and my environment point is 3.99 so people are leaving the city because of that. i cant put a limit to factories and actually i need them too :( should i spread them all over the place ? because what im currently doing is grabbing all the factories (both mine and ai's factories) to a designated district far from populated areas and stack them there.

2- how to increase the money supply of a city ? both of my goverment and corporation accounts have plenty of money is there a way to invest that cash to make the money flow in the economy ? like putting the money to bank or something like that ?
and what is the reasons of money supply and money demand ? how they are working ?

3- ok this one is my nightmare. i somehow figured out (maybe im wrong) if i decrease the allow immigration bar and balance it with gdp growth unemployment rate is decreasing and at the same time real wage is increasing. but the problem with that im having really hard time to both increasing population and keeping the real wage at high values at the same time... because if i increase the immigration number unemployment rate is drastically increasing and real wage is decreasing so i start losing money really fast because of the costs that im spending to unemployment people. and if i keep the immigration number in balance my population is increasing really really slow. am i putting to much attention on unemployment rate and real wage here ?

4- is it possible to constantly decrease the inflation ? i somehow manage to play with %1 inflation almost all the time but its stilll increasing %1 every year so if i play for a really long time consumer price index will reach higher than 220.0 so is there a way to balance this somehow ?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

rulepha wrote: i always try to make at least a little profit with every firm i own (exept crop farms) its a bad habid that i get while playing capitalism 2 years ago. when you playing are you only focusing on retail profits and make up all the loss from there ? i think its hard to calculate prices when you do that.
Why bother calculate that? You know there's a financial statement called income statement that aggregate and calculate all the expenses and income for you, right? If you want to see just one product, just check your Corporate Details --> Products tab, it has every product's revenue and profit listed
rulepha wrote:1- pollution is killing me and there isnt a counter that i could find. i zoned the insdustrial district really far from the populated areas but it doesnt make difference and my environment point is 3.99 so people are leaving the city because of that. i cant put a limit to factories and actually i need them too :( should i spread them all over the place ? because what im currently doing is grabbing all the factories (both mine and ai's factories) to a designated district far from populated areas and stack them there.
Pollution doesn't only count the total factories in a city, and its proximity to houses, but also its "density". Check the pollution map mode, and try to separate and spread factories in Red area, try to make the pollution as spread out as possible, and don't let the brown and yellow area touching residential and high land value area (like airport, area with little houses and trees, etc). The best way I found to zone industrial area is to zone everywhere as "black" non-buildable area, and specifically zone 3x3, 4x4 small industrial area like islands inside the black zone. Place these "islands" far apart, at least 3 or 4 tiles apart with each other (like a factory's width in between). This way not only can you control pollution, but also very precisely control how many factories you want this city to have. Other easy way is to just raise the corporate tax high enough so AIs will just simply move their factories out voluntarily. There has been suggestion about pollution tax or better spread out mechanics for AI factories, but it's probably very far behind in the working-queue.
rulepha wrote: 2- how to increase the money supply of a city ? both of my goverment and corporation accounts have plenty of money is there a way to invest that cash to make the money flow in the economy ? like putting the money to bank or something like that ?
and what is the reasons of money supply and money demand ? how they are working ?
Just build more government public facilities, universities, maxout researches, selling products with much higher overall rating to increase the market size. Create subsidiaries, build media firms, etc. As to banks, that was the plan for Financial DLC if we ever come up with a more concise suggestion to David.

As to money supply and demand, honestly I am not really sure what are all the factors involved, I am sure it has something to do with interest rate, inflation, central bank policy, etc. Other factors are less clear.
rulepha wrote: 3- ok this one is my nightmare. i somehow figured out (maybe im wrong) if i decrease the allow immigration bar and balance it with gdp growth unemployment rate is decreasing and at the same time real wage is increasing. but the problem with that im having really hard time to both increasing population and keeping the real wage at high values at the same time... because if i increase the immigration number unemployment rate is drastically increasing and real wage is decreasing so i start losing money really fast because of the costs that im spending to unemployment people. and if i keep the immigration number in balance my population is increasing really really slow. am i putting to much attention on unemployment rate and real wage here ?
The balancing is actually quite delicate. When immigration rises, you have to provide the same amount of jobs or more to keep unemployment down. And the higher the GDP the higher the RWR, however you have to increase the population to have a healthy GDP growth. You can push the government spending and export to gain a little ahead in total GDP growth, but you still have to grow the city in a constant steady rate. If GDP growth rate can not keep up with population growth and total workforce growth, the real wage rate will drop. It's the supposed challenge of CES DLC. It's all about balance.
rulepha wrote: 4- is it possible to constantly decrease the inflation ? i somehow manage to play with %1 inflation almost all the time but its stilll increasing %1 every year so if i play for a really long time consumer price index will reach higher than 220.0 so is there a way to balance this somehow ?
You need to have a health inflation rate to keep GDP growth. You can decrease the inflation, even go into deflation if you like by increase the unemployment rate to quite high, drops the real wage rate, drops the GDP, etc. But this is highly unrecommended. When inflation stops, the economy itself is likely to stagnate as well. When you are making profit, it's essentially creating more demand on money, and in turn more supply and so on.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Hi Eleaza,

A lot of good strategy tips here!

I think it would be cool to group your tips into a mini strategy guide (or just a simple list of FAQs) for the CES DLC.

(I will add a link from the official Capitalism Lab website to your strategy guide if you make one. )

David
bdubbs
Level 3 user

Post by bdubbs »

I've played quite a bit and I'm still picking up useful tips off Eleaza all the time as well, I'd love to read through something like that