Capitalism II and Capitalism Lab Forum

Official Site | Features | MOD | Patches | Buy Game

It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 2:26 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Legacy Brand Question
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:12 pm 

Is it best to max out revenues early on -- 1st 5 years??? --- selling seaport products, while doing R&D on just a handful of products, taking company tech / brand quality over 50 in all cases of manufactured products? or is it OK to go negative in city brand loyalty, with advertising, and HQ Brand PR spending maxed out at $500,000 a month?

And then make several company branded products?

I'm in early 1992, and "won" , but I've got terrible brand loyalty in all 5 cities -- negative 5 to negative 10 each city

Any thoughts on best way to do Legacy Brand Challenge game?

thanks,

Report this post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:21 am 

At the very beginning of Legacy Challenge, you should have a very good brand rating. Don't lose that at the beginning, because it gives you a huge competitive advantage. A few things that will easily hurt your brand rating at the beginning that you should avoid:

* Rebranding retail products out of seaports and then running into supply shortages, because the AI is also selling out of the seaports.
* Selling out of more than two mega-classes in the same city. No amount of advertising can overcome that brand dis-loyalty.
* Selling inferior tech products for an extended length of time.
* Running out of raw materials such that your own production stops for an extended length of time.

Everything else is a matter of building up production and efficiency slowly. You don't set speed records under Corporate Brand.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:49 am 

thanks for that excellent strategy response to my question

I was trying to max out products in all 5 cities on my 1st try -- on 2nd try , I'm now in late 1991, and am making and selling only drugs in one city

both brand awareness as well as brand loyalty is actually UP -- which is great!

I'm planning on making and selling only one mega class per each of the 5 cities for the 1st 5 game years or so

thanks again for a great reply

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:28 pm 

follow up question to my earlier q re Legacy Brand Challenge. Again, much thanks for excellent 5 objectives set forth in that answer. I feel as if a management team reported to me in the real world what works and what fails when reaching the all-important consumer -- driver of some 70% of U.S. economic activity, at least according to Wall Street and government economists.

I'm in late 1992, selling (and advertising) from one mega class only per each of 3 out of 5 cities. My brand loyalty numbers look great -- over 35 in each of those 3 cities.

Possible problem I see: an A.I. competitor is selling one of the mega classes in one of the 2 cities I've yet to sell in or advertise in. I see the brand loyalty is falling in that city, and rather quickly.

Do consumers hold it against the manufacturer of moderately high quality product (over 40 in all cases) if an A. I. player "freeloads" off the existing brand loyalty goodwill?

I mean, it's not as if I'm selling in that city. So, if this is so, is it best to set my factories to internal sale across the board?

Thanks again, and I do love this game!

Report this post