Wrong pre-defined layout causing AI to switch out products

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
counting
Level 8 user

Wrong pre-defined layout causing AI to switch out products

Post by counting »

Usually a wrong default layout doesn't matter much for players, since they can easily fix the problem. But due to AIs use default pre-defined as well, it becomes a loophole where one AI using this particular layout sharing Air conditioner and Refrigerator, players can beat AI with market share, by buying AI's Air conditioner and it will automatically disconnect the Air Conditioner due to it switches to Refrigerator. This should be a simple fix.

I also find that when designing a mod, especially deep semi-products where there are more than 4 steps deep to reach retail product, AI doesn't know how to build factories to product them, since they seem to have no clues with complex semi-product relationships, just giving up half way.
Attachments
Wrong pre-defined Refrigerator layout.jpg
Wrong pre-defined Refrigerator layout.jpg (144.39 KiB) Viewed 572 times
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Wrong pre-defined layout causing AI to switch out produc

Post by David »

In what way would you suggest this to be fixed?
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Wrong pre-defined layout causing AI to switch out produc

Post by counting »

David wrote:In what way would you suggest this to be fixed?
Is there a way to allow modding the default layout for AIs to follow? Or even let them follow wildcard (this I would image could be more difficult to program)?

The in game delete/add doesn't work for default layout anyway, and it's not a good idea allowing players to cut down what AI would use half-way through the game. But making default layout as part of the modding is much logical, it would also help with other more complex production chain mods. where there might be many level and interconnected semi-products integrations where AI just couldn't do it and give up (unless human players able to produce for them), I got stuck with these kind of problems in my B2B semi-product heavy mod design, AIs just couldn't build factories that use newly added semi-products as input and other newly added next level semi as output.

(Ofc, it would be even better to allow AI scripts, to "teach" AIs how to behave, However that would be even bigger project than simply modding default layout for AIs)
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls