Save games gone

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
dvsmasta

Save games gone

Post by dvsmasta »

I made a big mistake copying files from an update to the Cap lab folder. I guess i activated the uninstall program, and it removed all my save games?

I am heartbroken =(

Would be nice if the uninstall feature left save files alone..
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Save games gone

Post by David »

Actually the uninstall program does not delete your save game files.

You can find save game files of Capitalism Lab from the C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE

If you are using the Post-release Beta version of Capitalism Lab, the folder would be:
C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab Post-Release Beta\SAVE
dvsmasta

Post by dvsmasta »

Hey you are correct, that's great!

however, new problem then

I installed the newest versions of everything, 3.0.21, DLC subsidiaries .21 and the real world mod 10.29

the save games was with real world mod 9.21, so i installed both of those (i rename the files to indicate what version is what, including the mod folder)

It says there are no saved games, no matter what mod i select, or no mod at all.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

dvsmasta wrote:Hey you are correct, that's great!

however, new problem then

I installed the newest versions of everything, 3.0.21, DLC subsidiaries .21 and the real world mod 10.29

the save games was with real world mod 9.21, so i installed both of those (i rename the files to indicate what version is what, including the mod folder)

It says there are no saved games, no matter what mod i select, or no mod at all.
correct me if am wrong but realworld mod 9.21 is for cap lab release 2.6.x and therefore the save games are not compatible with the 3.0.21 client, when a new patch is released, David always adds a note to let everyone know if and which savegames will not work in the new client version.
David wrote: (The saved game files from versions older than 3.0.21 are not compatible.)