Merger reset current tech progress

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
counting
Level 8 user

Merger reset current tech progress

Post by counting »

I think this is a new bug, I don't believe it used to do this. After merger with Anlin Inc., my ongoing Canned Soup research already 1 years in from 151->195 got dropped, in favor of its 73->168 research. I've encounter several occasions like this, and it always resets my own research in favor of the subsidiaries' (even if my tech is hundreds of points ahead). This is very annoying and extremely time consuming to check every tech progression before merger, and impossible to predict if spying on AIs is turned off. It doesn't even give a warning when the tech get reset, you have to manually find it.
Attachments
Merger Tech Reset Bug.rar
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 197 times
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Merger reset current tech progress

Post by David »

This issue has been addressed in the latest patch v2.635 which you may download from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=7&t=2534
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

This is finally working, and you would retain the old tech level. However, this brings an interesting question, what if AI's tech advance progress is higher than parent's company? Would player be able to keep its tech progress? It looks that way at the moment, and you actually get certain invisible intangible assets from tech progress this way, and its logical, researchers/scientists working in a lab usually don't care who funds their work, but only the works they are doing. Not going to abandon or sabotage their own work (or others) because the money comes from new source. (that would be an interesting mechanics to add though, corporate espionage, where you can sabotage others progress in business or science, or steal their trade secrets :twisted: )
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Now R&D projects from both companies in the merger are intact and the player can manually choose which one to terminate as he/she prefers.