Buying the game

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
Vantezzle
Level 2 user

Buying the game

Post by Vantezzle »

I've been interested in the game for about a year now and finally decided to buy it...But I don't have a paypal account..So, is buying the game directly with the credit card 100% safe? That fastspring thing looks a bit shady to me..
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Buying the game

Post by David »

Vantezzle wrote:I've been interested in the game for about a year now and finally decided to buy it...But I don't have a paypal account..So, is buying the game directly with the credit card 100% safe? That fastspring thing looks a bit shady to me..
You may check out the Wikipedia page about FastSpring:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FastSpring

Founded in 2005, the company is based in Santa Barbara, CA. In March 2011, FastSpring launched its subscription management and recurring billing solution.The company received its first outside investment in April 2013 for an undisclosed amount from Pylon Capital.

FastSpring was recognized for a Silver Stevie Award for Customer Service Department of the Year in 2013 and again in 2014 and 2015.

FastSpring is very reliable and credit card payments at FastSpring is 100% safe.
Vantezzle
Level 2 user

Post by Vantezzle »

David wrote:
Vantezzle wrote:I've been interested in the game for about a year now and finally decided to buy it...But I don't have a paypal account..So, is buying the game directly with the credit card 100% safe? That fastspring thing looks a bit shady to me..
You may check out the Wikipedia page about FastSpring:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FastSpring

Founded in 2005, the company is based in Santa Barbara, CA. In March 2011, FastSpring launched its subscription management and recurring billing solution.The company received its first outside investment in April 2013 for an undisclosed amount from Pylon Capital.

FastSpring was recognized for a Silver Stevie Award for Customer Service Department of the Year in 2013 and again in 2014 and 2015.

FastSpring is very reliable and credit card payments at FastSpring is 100% safe.
I hope you are right...If I buy the Capitalism Lab + Subsidiary DLC + City Economic Simulation DLC bundle I will have access to everything?
David

Post by David »

If I buy the Capitalism Lab + Subsidiary DLC + City Economic Simulation DLC bundle I will have access to everything?
Yes.

For your information, here is an article about FastSpring:
FASTSPRING RANKED IN SOFTWARE MAGAZINE’S “TOP 500”
http://info.fastspring.com/blog/2014/09 ... es-top-500

As you will read in the above article, FastSpring is a company with great credibility.
Vantezzle
Level 2 user

Post by Vantezzle »

David wrote:
If I buy the Capitalism Lab + Subsidiary DLC + City Economic Simulation DLC bundle I will have access to everything?
Yes.

For your information, here is an article about FastSpring:
FASTSPRING RANKED IN SOFTWARE MAGAZINE’S “TOP 500”
http://info.fastspring.com/blog/2014/09 ... es-top-500

As you will read in the above article, FastSpring is a company with great credibility.
Game bought, thanks for all the help.
Spac3y
Level 4 user

Post by Spac3y »

Welcome aboard the capitalislm lab train...

First Class all the way :)
Waring_Hudsucker
Level 2 user

Post by Waring_Hudsucker »

It would appear that Fastspring is a safe and reliable transaction facilitator. However, like you I also sometimes get queasy at the thought of using a credit card online with an unfamiliar site; and that is why I prefer, when possible, to buy from places like Amazon or Steam that accept gift cards you can buy for cash or credit from a local vendor. Another way to ease the discomfort and limit your risk is to purchase and use a pre-paid credit card.
"Do you mean to say any slob in a smelly tee-shirt will be able to buy Hudsucker stock?"
-Sidney J. Mussburger from The Hudsucker Proxy
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Waring_Hudsucker wrote:
It would appear that Fastspring is a safe and reliable transaction facilitator. However, like you I also sometimes get queasy at the thought of using a credit card online with an unfamiliar site; and that is why I prefer, when possible, to buy from places like Amazon or Steam that accept gift cards you can buy for cash or credit from a local vendor. Another way to ease the discomfort and limit your risk is to purchase and use a pre-paid credit card.
There are options to pay by Paypal and Amzon right? They can already prevent or alert illicit transactions if anything goes wrong. Or someone can procure it for you in some well established auction sites if you are really paranoid (At least that's what I heard about how many Chinese players bought their copies, since there is the great Chinese Firewall preventing them from using some of the credit card purchases directly)
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
David

Post by David »

If you have bought something from Amazon before, you have an Amazon account and you could select "Amazon Payment" from our game's order page. This way, you could just login your Amazon account to buy games from our web site.
HolySquirrel

Post by HolySquirrel »

I'm trying to buy the Cap Lab and DLC bundle, but "FastSpring" doesn't seem to want my money. I get an "order failed" message every time after placing my order. I tried different credit cards, PayPal, even Amazon payments, different browsers, different IP, no luck. "FastSpring" answers my e-mails with an automated, useless text.
Since this seems to be the only way to buy the game - no game for me?
Is there any way to buy it without using "FastSpring"?