[planned] 4.4.19 - Bug - CMO Man. Setting - Prefer med firm

Technical support requests for Capitalism Lab
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

[planned] 4.4.19 - Bug - CMO Man. Setting - Prefer med firm

Post by meRlinX_AT »

Hallo,

the CMO Management Setting "Prefer own and sub media firms" and "Prefer own media firms" needs maybe a little tweak.

The CMO will to often prefer the media from others ...
ex: my rating is 4 points higher but the other (no Sub) is 0.01 cent cheaper --> he tooks the cheaper one?! :o

... and i will always take my own media when existing and just another if there is non in the city :)
cablab_media.JPG
cablab_media.JPG (151.21 KiB) Viewed 397 times

thanks
greetz
Last edited by meRlinX_AT on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: 4.4.19 - Bug - CMO Management Setting - Prefer media fir

Post by David »

.. and i will always take my own media when existing and just another if there is non in the city :)
There is an option "only advertise in own and subsidiary media firms" that you can choose.
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

David wrote:
.. and i will always take my own media when existing and just another if there is non in the city :)
There is an option "only advertise in own and subsidiary media firms" that you can choose.

But at least in the beginning of the game i did not have an own in every city ... so i'm screwed?

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

But at least in the beginning of the game i did not have an own in every city ... so i'm screwed?
We change "only advertise in own and subsidiary media firms" to "only advertise in own and subsidiary media firms whenever possible".

The help message for "only advertise in own and subsidiary media firms whenever possible" will be as follows:

"In the cities where you or your subsidiary companies have media firms, your firms will only advertise in them. Otherwise, your firms will advertise in competitors' media firms as well."

Will this resolve the problem for you? If you don't like this solution, how exactly would you suggest tweaking the "prefer own and subsidiary media firms" option?
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

David wrote:
We change "only advertise in own and subsidiary media firms" to "only advertise in own and subsidiary media firms whenever possible".

Will this resolve the problem for you?
Great!... not only for me

thanks