Suggestions for new expertise system and technology tree

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
CuteRabbit
Level 2 user

Suggestions for new expertise system and technology tree

Post by CuteRabbit »

In current game system, a player’s expertise is settled down at the beginning of the game. And players never have got a chance to improve their expertise during the game.

The production efficiency of farms and factories is simply effect by training budget and player expertise. I’d like to change such simple system to more like that in real world.

All manufacturer companies in real world have two kinds of technologies. One is product technology which has already been implemented by Cap II. It influences the product quality. Another is production technology or manufacturing technology which I suggest. The production technology can influences not only product quality, but also production efficiency and operation cost.

For example, in farming segment, we can have technology like better fertilizer or fodder, mechanization, drip irrigation, disinfection and pesticide, constant temperature and wetness, gene transfer, etc.
In production segment, we can have six-sigma, GMP rooms (for drugs), HACCP management (for food), customized products, assembly lines, Internet of things, cyber physical system, intelligence manufacturing, waste water recycle, Industries 3.0, Industries 4.0.
In R&D segment, we can have parallelized research, patents register, product lifecycle management.
Maybe you can think about technologies for mining, purchasing, sales, advertising and even training

A player’s expertise is composite of all the manufacturing technologies. And he can improve his expertise by set up R&D projects on these technologies. What’s more, the product quality can be improved if the player has advanced six-sigma, GMP or HACCP technology. The production efficiency will be accelerated if the player has assembly lines or Industries 4.0. The operation cost will be cut down if the player has waste water recycle technology.

Think about this new technology tree, it’s exciting, isn’t it?
Last edited by CuteRabbit on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
CuteRabbit
Level 2 user

Re: Suggestions for new expertise system and technology tree

Post by CuteRabbit »

Sorry for my poor English :lol:
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Suggestions for new expertise system and technology tree

Post by David »

Please check out this post about the new Technologies feature: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =37&t=2711

Let me know what you think of it.