Multi Floor R&D

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
krokro

Multi Floor R&D

Post by krokro »

Hi,

First of all, thanks for developing this game further. The Original game was having a great concept, with the further development it even goes to greater.

I would like to make a suggestion if possible regarding the R&D. Would it be possible to make the R&D building to become multi floor like the retail store? Say 1 R&D building has 10-15 floors, it will save a lot on the required space to build. All of this time, I found it quite a waste on land if I want to build R&D building for each product. At least 10% of the map size will be consumed by the R&D building if I intend to do R&D for each product. Not to count the time that will be consumed to build each building. It's a matter of few seconds though but sometimes could be iritating especially when building over 100 buildings for over 100 products.

I hope this idea make sense.
Kapseljd
Level 2 user

Re: Multi Floor R&D

Post by Kapseljd »

+1

i would also like this.

maby a thing voor the new DLC tecnology??

because of you play the real world mod you have what? +500 product
John aka. Kapseljd
Dutch (the Netherlands)
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

+1

Always in favor of being able to consolidate to fewer buildings to check on
don_lago

Post by don_lago »

+1
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Still would love this so I don't have 60 R&D facilities
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

The navigation of information may become more difficulty if there are too many R&D projects in a single R&D center.

Let's say that you intend to change a R&D project, you will first have to locate the R&D project by checking through the floors, which may appear to be a tedious process to some users.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

David wrote:The navigation of information may become more difficulty if there are too many R&D projects in a single R&D center.

Let's say that you intend to change a R&D project, you will first have to locate the R&D project by checking through the floors, which may appear to be a tedious process to some users.
Well, to be fair, there are progression bar listed in the "product images" in the middle section. And I don't think once the R&D center has established with all the links, players would change the layout much. Perhaps a double click on each of the research project "image" will take you to that floor might be enough to check current R&D progress?

Maybe we need some closed Beta to test a lot of experimental idea that may or may not pen out.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

eleaza wrote:
David wrote:The navigation of information may become more difficulty if there are too many R&D projects in a single R&D center.

Well, to be fair, there are progression bar listed in the "product images" in the middle section. And I don't think once the R&D center has established with all the links, players would change the layout much. Perhaps a double click on each of the research project "image" will take you to that floor might be enough to check current R&D progress?

Maybe we need some closed Beta to test a lot of experimental idea that may or may not pen out.
I like this. That seems like a good way to navigate.

Plus I don't think its any less tedious to go through multiple firms looking for a project. I end up never making major changes to my R&D because it takes too much time to go looking for where I set up the project. I think many users would prefer clicking through firms at one location looking for a project over multiple.