[INTERFACE] Ability to save games to subfolders

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Agree, Respectfully Disagree, or Helpful?

Agreed
60%
Respectfully Disagree
20%
Helpful
20%

Total votes: 5

TheDukeOfRockford

[INTERFACE] Ability to save games to subfolders

Post by TheDukeOfRockford »

As the titles say, if I were to create subfolders in Capitalism Lab's save folder before starting the game up, whenever I opened the save game dialog, it should at least allow me to go to a subfolder and save games there instead of the root folder for savegames.

This idea stemmed from my experience in playing Paradox Interactive games, specifically Europa Universalis IV. I would frequently created folders under their default save game folder, usually named after each patches, and then a further subfolder identified with name of a country I was playing and a number at the end. Here is what it looked like in my EU4 case:

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\save games\v1.18\England001\

This is how I organized my savegames and I would love to be able to do it in a similar way with Capitalism Lab. Ideally it would look like this for my CapLab games:

C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Capitalism Lab\SAVE\Rockford_Corporation\Game001\ or something like that

Currently, I cannot save games to a subfolder even if I want to. I've already made a test folder and found that it is not possible.

This particular feature would be greatly appreciated and would also help to reduce a need to scroll through save games list which, frankly, is already long at it is.

Please rate this with a feedback in poll. I took an inspiration for this poll from Paradox Interactive forum where you can actually rate any posts as Agreed, Respectfully Disagreed, or Helpful.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: [INTERFACE] Ability to save games to subfolders

Post by WilliamMGary »

If we do anything with save games it should be allowing the saving to a cloud service (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox), in my opinion.
TheDukeOfRockford

Post by TheDukeOfRockford »

WilliamMGary wrote:If we do anything with save games it should be allowing the saving to a cloud service (Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox), in my opinion.
I have no problem with this suggestion. However, I don't know if how feasible this would be in Capitalism Lab which seem to be an expanded game with a base on Capitalism II which was originally released in 2001. It is quite well possible, though, that the dev team may surprise us.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

I thought it's relative easy to setup synchronize folder with dropbox. I've already done that for years. But it's due to I have more than one computer, otherwise for a single player game, the necessity for save-to-cloud is quite low.

Sub folders (especially automatically with different versions) will be very nice though, several times when I updated to new versions and forgot to backup, the early saves with lower numbers were overwritten due to saves started from the beginning again.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me