Suggestion: More control over starting capital and finances

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Suggestion: More control over starting capital and finances

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

Although this has been suggested before, with the introduction of the tweaks to the sharemarket system to reduce the exploits, I think there should be greater control as to how your company in financed at the beginning.

At the beginning, when setting up your game, the "Starting Capital" setting should influence how much money the players starts off with. The player can then decide when to start their company (Or they could invest it instead before starting a company) and how much outside investment they want, up to either x2 to x5 of their contributed capital.

Eg- At the current challenge game settings, the player starts off with 6 million in capital (1million cash and 5m invested). The company has a 50-50 split with private investors (another 5million) so has 10 million in total

With the new system, the player could choose to have all 6 million invested and 2 million from outside investors, or they could have 3 million invested and 15 million from outside investors, or even start of 100% private: 6 million invested and no outside investors

Railroad Tycoon 3 did this quite well (But for that game it was up to x10 of starting capital)
See the screenshot below
Attachments
RT3start.png
RT3start.png (1.23 MiB) Viewed 1140 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Suggestion: More control over starting capital and finan

Post by David »

I have linked it to viewtopic.php?f=14&t=848:
The option "Support private companies and the ability to stage a turnaround after the player's company is taken over by AI."
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: Suggestion: More control over starting capital and finan

Post by mwyeoh »

Great...
There are still so many good choices on that list though that its still hard to choose which is most important to me!