New options to influence COO's management strategy

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here

Select the new features you like (you can select multiple ones)

You can decide whether COO is allowed to sell products below costs in all of your firms of any types.
17%
Prefer ordering from own warehouses over own factories
17%
Add a new option "Very Aggressive" for COO's Pricing Policy to prevent COO from setting prices too high. (http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =10&t=1091)
12%
You can tell COO whether to set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale.
26%
COO always set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale. (you cannot change it)
3%
Allow you to assign your COO to run all of your firms of a specific type.
25%

Total votes: 69

David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

New options to influence COO's management strategy

Post by David »

The following user posts suggest adding new options to influence COO's pricing strategy. If you like the ideas, you may vote for them.

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/post ... =14&p=3016
alexzhz wrote:I think there should be an option for people to decide whether those goods can be sold below cost (or discount rate), I totally understand COO want to gain market share by sacrificing profit, but market share and profit are both important, the game should let players themselves decide which one is more important, especially in different situations, for example, when financial performance is not good, COO should ensure that the company have enough profit, market share is not as important as before, how to make a good trade-off between market share and profit? As an MBA student, I think it is hard to answer, but I'm sure to say that both market share and profit are talking about profit, the difference is long-term profit or short-term profit, the right to decision belongs to human players, If you can offer an option for our players to manage COO, for example, ask them to focus on market share(long-term profit), or on short term profit, then things would be different.
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/post ... =14&p=2977
Grashopa wrote:I'd like to see the COO set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale. It would make it easy to see your profitability at the retail store which you can't really do right now.
Allow you to assign your COO to run all of your firms of a specific type (e.g. all of your retail stores, all of your factories, all of your farms). Right now, you can only either assign your COO to manage your current firm or all of your firms.
David

Re: New options to influence COO's pricing strategy

Post by David »

If you have any other suggestions about "More options for telling your COO, CTO and potentially CMO to follow your management directions and preferences.", you may post on this thread.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Re: New options to influence COO's management strategy

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

In general, I havent really used these people as they offer very little for the price they expect, especially at their current state

For the CTO, this has been mentioned before, but the option to either allow/disallow him to change your research projects

For the CMO, to automatically select the media firm with
1) The highest rating
2) The lowest cost
3) The best ratio (Of cost vs rating)
4) The highest content quality (This curently cannot be viewwed when selecting your media firms- Perhaps it can be added?)

I will have to play around with the COO a bit more to make up my mind
David

Post by David »

For the CTO, this has been mentioned before, but the option to either allow/disallow him to change your research projects
This is already implemented in version 1.992.
David

Post by David »

mwyeoh wrote: For the CMO, to automatically select the media firm with
1) The highest rating
2) The lowest cost
3) The best ratio (Of cost vs rating)
4) The highest content quality (This curently cannot be viewwed when selecting your media firms- Perhaps it can be added?)
You may create a poll for this.
matejfore
Level 3 user

Post by matejfore »

Please add an option "Prefer the wearehouse" it should be an on/off setting. When the COO start to control the prices, he/she raises them, so products in whearhose are unsold. At that time if you open a new retail store, he/she is selecting your factories instead of wearhouse.
David

Post by David »

matejfore wrote:Please add an option "Prefer the wearehouse" it should be an on/off setting. When the COO start to control the prices, he/she raises them, so products in whearhose are unsold. At that time if you open a new retail store, he/she is selecting your factories instead of wearhouse.
I have added this option to the poll:
"Prefer ordering from own warehouses over own factories"
David

Post by David »

For this feature "Allow you to assign your COO to run all of your firms of a specific type", the following new options will be added to the existing interface, which is shown below.

The new interface will have the following options:

[Let him/her manage all of my firms]

Let him/her manage all of my firms of a specific type:
[Retail stores]
[Factories]
[Warehouses]
[Farms]
[Natural Resources Firms]

Blue are clickable buttons.

If you have any suggestions or comments about this, you may let us know.
Attachments
COO manage.jpg
COO manage.jpg (240.96 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

David,

While looking at the forums and playing Capitalism II for a long time....haven't spent much time with Cap Lab yet...it's clear that as many options as we and your team can come up with to micro-managing the executives we pay a generous salary would be helpful. We need as many and all options that will enable our paid help to run the business as we desire. I love all ideas that give us these options. In another post was an option to tell the COO to set the price a certain % above the city avg. Total in support of that.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

COO always set your price to the factory's cost when you are at internal sale. (you cannot change it)
I try to run all my firms at a profit even when selling to myself. Don't like this.