Technology imbalance

You may post your suggestions about Capitalism Lab here
gravyten577
Level 2 user

Technology imbalance

Post by gravyten577 »

I realize that technology is a new feature in the game so the developers are probably already aware it is imbalanced. It takes over 3 years to develop a compact camera with technology of 30 but only 2 years to develop a camera phone with technology over 40. The camera phone basically is a compact camera that can also send texts and pictures instantly to people, and also make phone calls! The screenshots are just to demonstrate this

The extra research I'm getting in telecommunication is a bug since my expertise was in footwear. I played again with expertise in communication devices and got 49 tech gain in 2G Telecommunication for 5 squares
Attachments
tech 2.jpg
tech 2.jpg (336.2 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
tech 1.jpg
tech 1.jpg (334.67 KiB) Viewed 1371 times
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Re: Technology imbalance

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

The way the new tech is implemented, you don't have to further research and "discover" the new product like you did with compact camera. So it took 4+ years for you to discover compact camera, but only 2 years for you to get your target tech for camera phone up to the minimum required to start producing it. That's the difference. Fortunately you can mod the minimum requirements to start production I think.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

azxcvbnm321 wrote: Fortunately you can mod the minimum requirements to start production I think.
yup this can be modded and the weight of the tech towards quality in Product_Tech.txt as explained in http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 191#p15191

so if you want to research 500 years for a digital camera req product techs, you just gonna raise each of the product tech minimum req's to 20.000 or something like this
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

azxcvbnm321 wrote:The way the new tech is implemented, you don't have to further research and "discover" the new product like you did with compact camera. So it took 4+ years for you to discover compact camera, but only 2 years for you to get your target tech for camera phone up to the minimum required to start producing it. That's the difference. Fortunately you can mod the minimum requirements to start production I think.
The new technology research seems to be underutilized by users so we made it easier for the player to research it and get accustomized to this new feature.

From the gameplay balance point of view, since it will take AI the same time to research it, so it should not negatively affect the gameplay.

By the way, any suggestions for defining new technology for future updates of the game?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Development update: the technology feature will be used more prominently in the Information Age DLC.

You may check out this post which is a preview of the new Internet company type that we are in the process of implementing:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =42&t=3493
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

David wrote:
azxcvbnm321 wrote:The way the new tech is implemented, you don't have to further research and "discover" the new product like you did with compact camera. So it took 4+ years for you to discover compact camera, but only 2 years for you to get your target tech for camera phone up to the minimum required to start producing it. That's the difference. Fortunately you can mod the minimum requirements to start production I think.
The new technology research seems to be underutilized by users so we made it easier for the player to research it and get accustomized to this new feature.

From the gameplay balance point of view, since it will take AI the same time to research it, so it should not negatively affect the gameplay.

By the way, any suggestions for defining new technology for future updates of the game?
making "things" new & nicer is desirable and recommended.
maybe make all techs like A or all like B and balance them?.. please not the next "half-baked mix feature".
this is just a pain for the player and every modder.

modding is for additional content - not for fixing bug's (imbalance or unrealistic stuff is an bug)
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".