Suggestion: Ability to give mass orders

Suggestions that have been implemented were moved to the this subforum.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Suggestion: Ability to give mass orders

Post by mwyeoh »

Hi David

A suggestion that would GREATLY alleviate micromanagement

An option where I can say:
"All purchasing modules in all of my retail/factories/warehouses/all (selectable) that are buying from source X (Or buying product X) must change to buying from source Y"
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Suggestion: Ability to give mass orders

Post by David »

Actually the micromanagement has been reduced further in 1.971, compared to 1.970. You may give it a try when you are free.
Dordanov
Level 2 user

Post by Dordanov »

I agree with mwyeoh.

When you have a few different products that are produced in one city, with several retail outlets spread out over (all) other cities, it is quite a lot of work to switch suppliers around if something changes.
This might not be as big of an issue for me if the auto link supplier were fixed, but still, it would be a very handy function to have from time to time.
mwyeoh
Level 6 user

Post by mwyeoh »

After playing the current challenge game, the demand is lower, but I cant say the same thing about micromanagement.
To supply 4 cities, 1-2 factories are required, rather than 4-5 as before (A negligible difference if I am using warehouses anyway).

Currently a city with a pop of around 1.6 mil needs 4-5 retail outlets to supply the city's needs. A city with 4 million needs around 10-12 retail outlets

I tried the latest game using only 1 factory and skipping warehouses, however a number of products definitely needed a second factory and a warehouse. However to upgrade this, if I dont think ahead and establish my warehouses from the beginning, when I go to setup my warehouse, I need to relink 20 retail outlets.
And if I am doing it for 4 products, that is 80 relinks. Or for 16 products, thats 320 relinks... alot of micromanagement!

Something to redirect all retail shops currently buying a certain good from a specified factory to another factory or warehouse would be good
David

Post by David »

This is implemented in version 1.987.

You may see the details of the new feature at: http://www.capitalismlab.com/batch-swit ... plier.html
Cmack

Post by Cmack »

I can’t link on that. It says sorry not available. How do you do a mass order?
David

Post by David »

Cmack wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:26 pm I can’t link on that. It says sorry not available. How do you do a mass order?
Please use this link: https://www.capitalismlab.com/new-conte ... ent-tools/
Cmack

Post by Cmack »

Thank you. This is so much easier.