Taxes, downtown farming, and ai property consideration

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Taxes, downtown farming, and ai property consideration

Post by Parkerrush92 »

First off, thank you for taking the endeavor into city simulation. Of course if your already implementing taxes READ ON!

PROPERTY TAX: This would address one of the aesthetic issues I have with the game as it currently is. I was going to add a thread in the main game suggestion are for this. Essentially referencing AI property value consideration, a property tax should fix the following problem. Allow me to elaborate.

There are too many farms in the city centers! If a property tax were implemented it should have the goal of in early game, increasing apartment and commercial buildings in high property value areas, Mid game, factories should have the tax benefit, apartmens should be pushed to the medium property value area alongside retail. FARMS SHOULD ALWAYS (not necessarily through tax) be developed outside of city limits. mid-late game should see retail stores developing both downtown, and in newly developing areas, presumably to take advantage of A: reduced taxes and B: the customer traffic index ( a tax system should certainly take customer traffic into consideration.)

After this, AI should take their taxes seriously. Seriously enough that if a feature *allowing the purchase of ai property* were created, it wouldn't unbalance the game.

Looking forward to feedback!
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Taxes, downtown farming, and ai property consideration

Post by David »

FYI, you may check out this post about the new zoning feature:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... t=10#p8933