What counts to tax deduction?

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: What counts to tax deduction?

Post by David »

WilliamMGary wrote:The profit tax should be determined by operating profit.... Please tell me that's the case.
The profit tax is determined by operating profits less loan interest payments.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Interms of that screenshot it still shows an accumulated tax loss so not sure why your paying tax ? Surely the accumulated tax loss would reverse to zero (that way you can also see how much you have left in your tax loss) then it should start applying tax from there ?
This could happen when you have just paid the profit tax and some of your firms then immediately incurred new losses.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

David wrote:
WilliamMGary wrote:The profit tax should be determined by operating profit.... Please tell me that's the case.
The profit tax is determined by operating profits less loan interest payments.
Awesome!
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

A further 4 years down the line, and I still havent paid any tax despite making operational profit after interest and the tax loss is still increasing..
Still not paying the tax
Still not paying the tax
still no tax.png (1.68 MiB) Viewed 1323 times
Attachments
SPAC_001 (3).zip
Save Game
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Ok, so I thought Id do a bit of further testing, the tax now works as expected (but this is only after I have built shops/farms).

The tax loss will increase everyday until the end of the month due to the daily interest that is added, once the rent etc comes in at month end it does zeroise and I am now paying tax :)

Bit weird though when it wasnt with just appartments / commercial buildings ?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

Spac3y wrote:Ok, so I thought Id do a bit of further testing, the tax now works as expected (but this is only after I have built shops/farms).

The tax loss will increase everyday until the end of the month due to the daily interest that is added, once the rent etc comes in at month end it does zeroise and I am now paying tax :)

Bit weird though when it wasnt with just appartments / commercial buildings ?
Does it make survival mode harder when our corporations actually have to pay taxes? Or easier since city funds do get more income from players and AIs now? I haven't played survival mode with the new patch yet. Just doesn't feel like to setup a new city where I have to spend hours to grow into a reasonable town, but in the end might not be compatible with the next patch.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

The save and screenshots are from max % difficulty I could set it. At this difficulty level it doesnt seem to bad because of the other tweaks to commercial and apartments.

With 2 large farms , 8 shops (4 selling farm, 4 selling gold rings) Im contributing around 5m a month corp tax so it is a massive help