Details of the new Landmark feature

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Details of the new Landmark feature

Post by David »

We have posted new details of the new Landmark feature on the official Capitalism Lab web site.

You may check it out at: http://www.capitalismlab.com/landmarks.html

Below is a preview of the Himeji Castle landmark.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Attachments
Japan_1.png
Japan_1.png (73.25 KiB) Viewed 4478 times
cantdownloadit
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: Details of the new Landmark feature

Post by cantdownloadit »

1st and 2nd landmark I unlocked in my city were both statue of liberty.
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Interms of Landmarks David, can they not just onlock and give you say 1/1 to put down.

As it currently stands, in order to get say the pyramid etc you cant put any landmark down until you unlock them all as as soon as you put one down, the landmark resets on the next goal to the landmark below the one you put down (or the statue of liberty).

I do love the pyramid btw, looks really nice
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

This issue will be fixed in the patch v4.2.05.
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Thanks David

(Ive only unlocked upto the pyramid so will look forward to seeing the ones after that).

:)
klasanov
Level 4 user

Post by klasanov »

so ive never seen a landmark. what are these and how do i acquire them?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

klasanov wrote:so ive never seen a landmark. what are these and how do i acquire them?
Create a new city, when it reaches some target populations, there will be rewards for landmarks.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
TheDukeOfRockford

Post by TheDukeOfRockford »

Hi, I'm a new player here. ;) Haven't gotten any DLCs yet (but plan to buy one at start of next month!) but as an observer, I would like to suggest that there be an option in New Game setting to allow for only generic landmarks (e.g. tourist traps, castles, etc...) similar to those seen in Simutrans game. This would apply to both existing landmarks being generated at start of game and the landmarks you can build. However, cities best known for certain landmarks, such as Cairo with pyramids, can have a non-generic landmark at the start, obviously owned by government and not alienable (e.g. not soldable).

Again, these are settings that you can choose to use at game start. I just felt that seeing, say, a large pyramid in an European city would feel out of depth.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

TheDukeOfRockford wrote:Hi, I'm a new player here. ;) Haven't gotten any DLCs yet (but plan to buy one at start of next month!) but as an observer, I would like to suggest that there be an option in New Game setting to allow for only generic landmarks (e.g. tourist traps, castles, etc...) similar to those seen in Simutrans game. This would apply to both existing landmarks being generated at start of game and the landmarks you can build. However, cities best known for certain landmarks, such as Cairo with pyramids, can have a non-generic landmark at the start, obviously owned by government and not alienable (e.g. not soldable).

Again, these are settings that you can choose to use at game start. I just felt that seeing, say, a large pyramid in an European city would feel out of depth.
Welcome to the forum!

Landmarks are fairly new mechanics, only recently added in CES DLC. I agree more variations would be fun. But linking to specific cities might not be necessary since we can mod city names, and perhaps later mod landmarks themselves.

BTW there are pyramids all over the world, even in Las Vegas, in Paris, etc. They don't have to be "ancient" monuments, but modern landmarks.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Spac3y
Level 5 user

Post by Spac3y »

Have the landmarks changed in 4.1.12...

Im upto 600K people and only 2 landmarks so far, thought it was more in the last patches ?