Seeking feedback

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Seeking feedback

Post by David »

It'd be helpful if you could provide the following info to help us improve the game:

-What did difficulty level did you select for a new game?

-Have you tried enabling the new "Developed City at the Beginning" option?

-Did you find the game too difficult and thus the level of satisfaction too low?

-Did you find the game not having sufficient guidelines in the beginning as what you supposed to do, thus leading to frustration?

-Did your company run out of money first or your city government run out of money first?

-How large were you able to grow your city in terms of population?

-Were you aware of the Goals in the goal report?

-Did the goals motivate you to continue to play the game?

-How long have you played games with City Economic Simulation DLC enabled so far? Do you like the gameplay?

-Were you able to unlock landmarks and use place them in your cities to benefit from their bonus effects?
cantdownloadit
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Re: Seeking feedback

Post by cantdownloadit »

personally I think the guidance on how to actually build a city up from scratch needs improvement...
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

cantdownloadit wrote:personally I think the guidance on how to actually build a city up from scratch needs improvement...
Did you find the following guide helpful to some extent?
http://www.capitalismlab.com/new-gamepl ... anism.html

Any suggestions to improve it?
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

For guidance, I only want an interface to tell me where the CBD of the empty city is.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
cantdownloadit
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

some guidance on zoning for instance.. how much of which zones are needed/recommended

also would make sense you should be able to choose the location of the CBD..
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

cantdownloadit wrote:some guidance on zoning for instance.. how much of which zones are needed/recommended

also would make sense you should be able to choose the location of the CBD..
After playing so much survival games, I am not sure what's the proper zoning needed either. I don't even think there is a recommended ratio, it all depends on many different things, like where is the water, where is the CBD to the initial starting area, or even natural resource distribution, or where AIs build their factories/stores.

Although I do feel like it's very necessary to setup residential/commercial zone as soon as possible (and preferably separately than mixed zone, but mixzone is quicker to setup), otherwise AIs might build factories in places you don't like (and later on causing pollution problems). And It's even a good idea to setup no-building reserved black zone in advance for places where you plan to setup vital civic buildings. Sometimes AI build in the most awkward places leaving 1 strip of 1 tile wide area in a perfectly size zone all the time, where you might want a University or Hospital, or small range soccer fields, golf clubs. Usually it's too late to build them in established city center, and can't get the coverage up.
cantdownloadit
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

I cant see the CBD, if I click the land value map and its blank... so no idea how to figure out
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

cantdownloadit wrote:I cant see the CBD, if I click the land value map and its blank... so no idea how to figure out
The way I did it now, is to use the "ghost writing" property when I hover a retail store ghost around the city map. It will leave a mark at the land value map. (check the save in my Ghost Writing Post). Check the traffic index and land price when hovering the retail store, there should be an area with higher values. Circle the area or just painted it with ghost color, and find the center of that high value area, it's usually close to that city's CBD.
cantdownloadit
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Post by cantdownloadit »

hmm its all the same colour except for the bit where I stuck my 1st few city buildings...

I cant work out how to actually get houses an stuff to build though, I only end up with my apartment's and civic buildings

Oh and the AI doesn't build in the industrial zoned area....
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

cantdownloadit wrote:hmm its all the same colour except for the bit where I stuck my 1st few city buildings...

I cant work out how to actually get houses an stuff to build though, I only end up with my apartment's and civic buildings

Oh and the AI doesn't build in the industrial zoned area....
What do you mean by the same color?

In your own city, you have to check the residential supply/demand, if your party is the mayor, you have to build apartments on your own, either using city's interface (using city fund), or using your corporation's fund. Only city fund can build civic buildings. And if there are enough rich AI corporations, and the supply is low, AI corporation might even build apartments and commercial buildings with their own money, but usually they don't pick good spots or placed in places where you don't want them.

In my game usually I just zone commercial and residential, and leave the rest as Any, I never used industrial zone. Since I like my farms near my factories.