Seeking feedback

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
klasanov
Level 4 user

Re: Seeking feedback

Post by klasanov »

BioBiro wrote:Question:
Where does the $20,000,000 the player's newly-formed political party has come from? I think the player should have to come up with that money themselves, otherwise it seems like it came out of nowhere?

The more I play this DLC beta, the more I'm enjoying it.
Agreed. The $20m coming from nowhere is just kind of odd.

I assume its a government grant for starting a political party but its actually quite a bit of cash, especially at the beginning.
munosonto

Post by munosonto »

I tried modding and found AI behaviour that could be improved when it comes to business side. For example, I put on many products 20 and 9 for demand and necessity and weird part is that AI doesnt expand even slightest to what it could. I have put AI to be very agressive in settings but it seems agressivness doesnt deal with demand/supply. Long version short, AI doesnt expand as it could. For example, 1 company is producing Jeans, on market share graph it has only a bit of market share and all other is white (as its the only one producing it) which means there is tons of room to open new factories and new stores, but AI doesnt do that. This happens in all products. Agression in my view would be if there is big market for something to take as much as you can, but AI is satisfied with very small fraction, basically almost only 1 factory per product per town.

In non modded game, there is similar issue. When I try to play with only 4 competitors, no matter how much money they have they eventually stop growing, not expanding into new product classes nor expanding production facilities when its obvious its needed.

Maybe good addition to subsidiary (maybe this post belongs to subsidiary version but I am playing city version) would be to set some type of goals for CEOs or something similar. Best would be if they try to use many opportunities to grow without us telling them, maybe in a manner to go from 1 product class to another until they make everything from 1 product class or something similar.

Overall, AI isnt agressive enough when it comes to taking market share.
BioBiro
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by BioBiro »

Bugs: Every city has a Real Wage Rate of 40. This happens with multiple cities (Survival Mode off). City Economic DLC on = real wage rate fixed @ 40, City Economic DLC off = varied real wage rates.

It randomly crashes on line 193 of f_medi.cpp sometimes, when starting a new game.

Public facilities like the sports stuff, police station, schools, have crazy random jumping numbers for their budgets, and the sliders don't work.

It crashes after a couple of days with 'Misc::random()'.

This is all on beta 4.2.08 with Subsidiary and City Econ DLCs on, and with survival mode off. I can provide pics of the game settings, if needed.

EDIT: I think some of the above may be my fault, as even after uninstalling my Cap Labs, deleting the folders out of AppData\Local and installing a clean beta, it still has most of these problems. Hmm~, mysterious~. I must have done something bad between yesterday and today...
This user will not complain about the UI until 9th July 2020.
patrickfp93

Post by patrickfp93 »

:oops: I have a problem! The monthly costs of the stores are going crazy.
They are even varying with the game stopped.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

This bug has been fixed in the latest update v4.2.08B.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Every city has a Real Wage Rate of 40. This happens with multiple cities (Survival Mode off). City Economic DLC on = real wage rate fixed @ 40, City Economic DLC off = varied real wage rates.
This bug will be fixed in the patch v4.2.09.
klasanov
Level 4 user

Post by klasanov »

The real wage rate isn't fixed. It seems to be modified by possibly that city's GDP growth and/or its city competitiveness for goods.
Keither
Level 3 user

Post by Keither »

I really think that the generated city needs to be much bigger in term of population since it motivates the players to growth their cities faster.
The game also needs a direct competition between cities such as a production/export of a certain product in a fixed time frame (a month) and award the city based on how much they could produce and export.
foomanchu89
Level 2 user

Post by foomanchu89 »

Why do houses not randomly grow in new cities even though I have zoned the land in every way possible?

Also, I love this game. I have logged over 40 hours so far on the new DLC, I love it way too much!
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

foomanchu89 wrote:Why do houses not randomly grow in new cities even though I have zoned the land in every way possible?

Also, I love this game. I have logged over 40 hours so far on the new DLC, I love it way too much!
The mayor of your own party won't build civic buildings on its own. Only AI controlled city will. But other corporations might "help" build some real estate if they have enough cash, and the demand in that city is high enough. The first few apartments and commercials you also have to build on your own, since at the beginning when there's no people, there won't be any growth or demand, and these initial real estate will greatly excess the initial demand.

In any case, players are much better at planning a city layout manually than any AI mayor could. (once you win an election and take over an AI run city, you will know the pain of reorganizing a city, especially those sport facilities and poorly placed schools)
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me