[FIXED] Crash on Release 4.3.07 and R&D

City Economic Simulation DLC for Capitalism Lab
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

[FIXED] Crash on Release 4.3.07 and R&D

Post by acf1 »

First of all, I just noticed (thanks to a user post on GOG comment section) that Capitalism was alive. This is awesome!!!!. I was a fan the first Capitalism, and have bought Capitalism 2 twice now (CD and digital through GOG). I just bought Capitalism Lab plus both DLC a couple of days ago. You should think about advertising this somewhere. This game has been out a few years and I am just now finding about, wonder how many other people don't know. GOG would be a great avenue for you guys, or steam.

Anyway, since I bought the game, I've only been able to download version 4.3.07. Is this a final release now? Can't find version 3.XX stable or version 4.3.06 anywhere, so I haven't tested those.

Problem 1: Crash, all DLC enabled, game has private corporation.
On version 4.3.07, when I click on "private coprs", all private corps and Government would show up. Every time I click on "Government Overview", it crashes, and it gives me error "PersonRes::Operator[]" This is not a problem if I choose other type of Government details, only on overview.

Problem 2: R&D Bug?
When I try to expand an R&D unit, after adding the unit and linking it, The new R&D unit doesn't fill, and years will not go down as a result of the additional unit linked. This is not a problem if I create and link all R&D units I want, and then start a new research.

It fills more responsive if I link it to the original unit, but even then sometimes it doesn't response. The unit would fill, but years won't go down. I have to keep pressing all links, and sometimes it responds, sometimes not.

Thanks I advance for any feedback I can get.
Last edited by acf1 on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
eleaza
Level 8 user

Re: Crash on Release 4.3.07 and R&D

Post by eleaza »

CES (City Economic Simulation) DLC is still in beta release, and where did you find 4.3.07? The latest beta-release should be 4.3.06 now.

The actual release version (core game) is at version 3.5.25. (only with subsidiary DLC)

R&D center always work this way, they need to link to a common central R&D unit to function (1-hop), won't work over 2-hop.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor

Post by acf1 »

eleaza wrote:CES (City Economic Simulation) DLC is still in beta release, and where did you find 4.3.07? The latest beta-release should be 4.3.06 now.

The actual release version (core game) is at version 3.5.25. (only with subsidiary DLC)
That's what I thought. If I use the link provided for 3.5.25, it downloads a file that installs version 4.3.07 (see picture below). It is also named that ways on windows' install/uninstall program window. The whole game is installed under userdata/local (which seems how the beta is supposed to install, but the save folder under my documents are installed as "capitalism lab" without the "post release beta" name after it, neither the version number, which is how the final release is supposed to install.

R&D center always work this way, they need to link to a common central R&D unit to function (1-hop), won't work over 2-hop.
OK, that makes sense. Even then, it stills seems kind of buggy, because I have to click the link icon several times or to adjacent units for the # of years to go down.
Attachments
Sketch.png
Sketch.png (2.31 MiB) Viewed 1183 times
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

We have fixed the bug. You may download the latest patch v4.3.08 from:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... f=7&t=4018
acf1
Mod Contributor
Mod Contributor