Can't sell new invention at below cost

General discussions and Technical Support for Capitalism II.
gravyten577
Level 2 user

Can't sell new invention at below cost

Post by gravyten577 »

Trying to sell a newly invented tablet computer but no one is buying and selling below cost. Also selling smart phone. Getting brand rating. Sucks because I want to use my new invention to move ahead of competition
Attachments
Error.png
Error.png (387.94 KiB) Viewed 1967 times
gravyten577
Level 2 user

Re: Can't sell new invention at below cost

Post by gravyten577 »

ok I fast forwarded it to see what would happen and sales did go up. It did start selling but very disappointed, expected profits to be insanely high and unable to keep up with demand despite having monopoly. In capitalism 2 original I could set sale price on max for a mobile phone or notebook computer and not be able to keep up with demand with a large factory. Sales did go up though.
gravyten577
Level 2 user

Post by gravyten577 »

Ok this part of the game is indeed broken. I am still making 100 million in profits a year in other industries so that is good but I can't find a way to make a profit on my two new inventions. I strongly ask that someone modify this in a new patch or something.

Maybe before the new inventions were too profitable and now they are nerfed too much. They are the only losing parts of my corporation. If I'm smart I should just shut down these two industries all together

If I could move this topic I would move it to the suggestions forum. If anyone has suggestions on how to turn my smart phones and tablets to a profit please help

Edit again: My wealth is 1.5 billion and I need 2.6 billion to make it on the top 100 billionaire list. Damn and I was expecting the two inventions to get me into the billionaire list. And get my total profits to 200 million a year. What a bummer.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

This post should be posted on Capitalism Lab section of the forum (probably better in suggestion boar), not Cap2 section. Otherwise most players like me would not notice this post, due to this sub-section is not listed in active topics list.

For your "question", indeed the ridiculous profit from new products is nerfed down in Cap Lab, behave much more like regular product. But you would still make a higher profit if you are the first to reach it, since there wouldn't be any competitor and no local price/rating to stop you from setting a very high price. The trick is to set the "initial price" quite high, but not below -20 or -30 (under a normal local competition setting), and Cap Lab AIs are much quicker to catch up in tech.

The second part of the question about below cost, it's something you could manually set in your own factories. Generally it doesn't matter if individual retail store is profit or not, but over-all to the whole corporation. Your retail store is paying your own factory anyway, you don't actually lose any money in the process.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
gravyten577
Level 2 user

Post by gravyten577 »

Actually the picture I posted proves that there was no local competition when I first started selling my product, I indeed had a complete monopoly on it and no one else researched it.

Also my factory is operating at a loss so decreasing the price at the factory would be no help

Also the new invention is not acting like any other product because I am making beds and other items and they are extremely profitable for me

I put a post on suggestions

http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... =14&t=2142