Sale of firms, transfer of assets

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Sale of firms, transfer of assets

Post by Parkerrush92 »

I would like to be able to buy and sell firms, or even transfer them from one corporation or subsidiary to another.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Sale of firms, transfer of assets

Post by David »

You can set your subsidiary company's firms to "For Sale" and buy them using your own company in the current version already.
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Post by Parkerrush92 »

However, if for example I want one of my subsidiaries to be my real estate company, I can not sell them real estate from my own company or from a subsidiary.
Zlot

Post by Zlot »

+1, we need a good method of transfering assets between owned companies.
David

Post by David »

You may want to know that this requested feature has been implemented and is available in the latest version 3.0.09.
Zlot

Post by Zlot »

I tested the feature now and it's awsome. But there is still some important transfer options needed to make real use of creating a new subsidiary.

1. Brand reputation: You should be able to transfer a Brand to your subsidiary if the parent company has unique Brands activated as well as for sector Brands (e.g. Home Applicances).

2. Technology Level: You should at least be able to buy a Technology from your parent company. I currently tried to set up a Headquarter for my subsidiary but still I wasn't able to buy the technology from my parent. This should be an easy improvement.
David

Post by David »

Zlot wrote: 2. Technology Level: You should at least be able to buy a Technology from your parent company. I currently tried to set up a Headquarter for my subsidiary but still I wasn't able to buy the technology from my parent. This should be an easy improvement.
It is available in the latest version 3.0.11.
Zlot

Post by Zlot »

That's great, but I tested it and it doesn't seem to work properly. I started a new game, quickly researched Air Conditioning to 88, set up a subsidiary and tried to buy the technology. The game seems to know that there is a higher Tech available (otherwise the Air Conditioning Technology wouldn't have shown), but I can't select the parent company.

David

Post by David »

This issue will be fixed in the next version 3.0.12.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I've just recently noticed something else about asset transfers. We are able to transfer every firm type except for any natural resource firm since you are unable to move these firms.