New feature: Technologies

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

New feature: Technologies

Post by David »

The Subsidiary DLC will allow you to define pre-requisite technologies for individual products. For example, the following screenshot shows the pre-requisite technologies for Smart Phone.

As you can see in the screenshot, for each pre-requisite technology, there is a required technology level. In order to unlock the product type, all the pre-requisite technologies must reach the required technology levels.

See this for details: http://www.capitalismlab.com/technologies.html

View this page about how to mod technologies: http://www.capitalismlab.com/advanced-m ... ogies.html
Attachments
Smart phone tech.jpg
Smart phone tech.jpg (382.88 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
CuteRabbit
Level 2 user

Re: New feature: Technologies

Post by CuteRabbit »

This is interesting.
But I'd like these new technologies not only the threshold to invent new products, but also influence player's expertise, production effeciency and operation cost.
David

Post by David »

I would like to invite you guys to come up ideas for associating technologies with products and post your suggestions here.

For good ones, we may implement them in a future version.

Thanks.
CuteRabbit
Level 2 user

Post by CuteRabbit »

In farming segment, we can have technology like better fertilizer or fodder, mechanization, disinfection and pesticide, constant temperature and wetness, gene transfer.

And a player's farm expertise is the sum of these five technologies.
For example, the highest farm technology in game are 100,200,300,400,500.
IF the player's farm technologies are 100,200,300,400,500. He will get a farm expertise of 100.
IF the player's farm technologies are 50,100,150,200,250. He will get a farm expertise of 50.

A player's farm expertise should be improved if he insists on seting up R&D projects on farm technologies.
David wrote:I would like to invite you guys to come up ideas for associating technologies with products and post your suggestions here.

Thanks.
CuteRabbit
Level 2 user

Post by CuteRabbit »

David wrote:I would like to invite you guys to come up ideas for associating technologies with products and post your suggestions here.

Thanks.
Hi David,
I find that I can't start new Notebook R&D project after invention.
Same thing happens on smart ph0ne and table computer.
I'm using 3.0.10 DCL.
Yale
Level 3 user

Post by Yale »

David wrote:The Subsidiary DLC will allow you to define pre-requisite technologies for individual products. For example, the following screenshot shows the pre-requisite technologies for Smart Phone.

As you can see in the screenshot, for each pre-requisite technology, there is a required technology level. In order to unlock the product type, all the pre-requisite technologies must reach the required technology levels.

View this page about how to mod technologies: http://www.capitalismlab.com/advanced-m ... ogies.html

Hello David, I have an advice about the Product Custmization. The Product Custmization allow players to produce two or more products of the same product type on different tech level, but we all know all products improved by new technology, just like the biggest difference between iPhone5 and iPhone5s is that the iPhone5s has the Fingerprint sensor device, the iPhone5s add a new technology and the new tech make it different from iPhone5.

So, why don't we combine the Technologies feature and Product Custmization feaure in Subsidiary DLC together ? So that we can customize new product by adding new tech not just by adding a new picture (as a matter of fact, I think only by adding a new picture to create a new product doesn't make any difference).

More importantly, we don't have to use MOD to add new product any more, because we can do it in game by Product Custmization, that's all the matters.

What's more, if the AI companies are capable to produce two or more products of the same product type just like the players can do will be better.

I sincerely hope the Capitalism Lab Team will take my advice into consideration to create a greater game.

Yale

This will be easy for you, right?
QQ截图20150907142819.png
QQ截图20150907142819.png (203.92 KiB) Viewed 1996 times
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Yale wrote:
David wrote:The Subsidiary DLC will allow you to define pre-requisite technologies for individual products. For example, the following screenshot shows the pre-requisite technologies for Smart Phone.

Hello David, I have an advice about the Product Custmization. The Product Custmization allow players to produce two or more products of the same product type on different tech level, but we all know all products improved by new technology, just like the biggest difference between iPhone5 and iPhone5s is that the iPhone5s has the Fingerprint sensor device, the iPhone5s add a new technology and the new tech make it different from iPhone5.

So, why don't we combine the Technologies feature and Product Custmization feaure in Subsidiary DLC together ? So that we can customize new product by adding new tech not just by adding a new picture (as a matter of fact, I think only by adding a new picture to create a new product doesn't make any difference).

More importantly, we don't have to use MOD to add new product any more, because we can do it in game by Product Custmization, that's all the matters.

What's more, if the AI companies are capable to produce two or more products of the same product type just like the players can do will be better.

I sincerely hope the Capitalism Lab Team will take my advice into consideration to create a greater game.

Yale

QQ截图20150907142819.png

Totally agree this would be a great addition to both elements of game play.
Yale
Level 3 user

Post by Yale »

Arcnor wrote:
Yale wrote:

Yale

QQ截图20150907142819.png

Totally agree this would be a great addition to both elements of game play.

Yeah this must be great,give me a high-five,hahhah :D :lol: ;)
David

Post by David »

Could you post an example here? You were referring to smart phones. In this case, what technologies you would define for each product image?

Based on your example, we will think about how to implement it. It will involve interface and game rule changes and we have to evaluate it in greater details.
Yale
Level 3 user

Post by Yale »

David wrote:Could you post an example here? You were referring to smart phones. In this case, what technologies you would define for each product image?

Based on your example, we will think about how to implement it. It will involve interface and game rule changes and we have to evaluate it in greater details.

How about Technologies Customization? so we can define customized technologies for each product image. It will influence the player's customized product only, and the quality of each custmized product will be depended on the customized technologies which have been defined for it(and materials of course). This is exactly what Product Customization should be.

Em...You know what I mean? I am trying to use pictures to explain the details, just wait a munite.