CMO give him more use!

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
rhoussami
Level 2 user

CMO give him more use!

Post by rhoussami »

can you please give the CMO a bit more use!! maybe allow them to come up with advertising campaigns that give you a boost... or run promotions, i feel they are very useless and they should be able to run the media firms!
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Re: CMO give him more use!

Post by WilliamMGary »

+1 on being able to manage media firms
rhoussami
Level 2 user

Post by rhoussami »

well i think they should be able to run promotions, like 20% for the month of... and it gives you a boost. or exactly like the way training works! through the H.R anyway, if i go corporate branding i dont find a reason to have a CMO which makes it completely useless for him to exist in the game!
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

The CMO manages adverting/brand rating. You're able to set your brand rating target (i.e. 100). The CMO saves time in regard to managing the advertising of your company products as well as money from my experience. This is the 2nd exec I hire after CTO.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

How do you set a brand target? I've never been able to do that before.

I do think it would be awesome to be able to run promotions. Especially when I have product I'm basically trying to get rid of. I know I can reduce the price to help drive demand, but it would be awesome if you could run a promotion that both reduced the price by a set % for a set period of time while giving your product a temporary brand awareness boost. The additional benefit is I don't have to remember to go back and up the price back to normal once I've sold off all that I wanted or sit there and watch it sell off.

Perhaps your start a promotion and get the price and awareness boost while on the flip side you pay slightly more to run the promotion with the media company. Perhaps it's their going rate plus 15% to run a promotion offering 10% off for a 3 month period.
rhoussami
Level 2 user

Post by rhoussami »

Arc your right... i dont know how to set the branding strategy either. I agree with running a promotion to help bring brand awareness!

+1 i guess
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Once you hire CMO go to him/her in persons report and go to management policies or via the HQ CMO office.

Reference: http://www.capitalismlab.com/enhanced-m ... icies.html
azxcvbnm321
Level 3 user

Post by azxcvbnm321 »

I find the CMO very useful as well. I don't have the time to look at all the media and choose which ones to buy advertising on. The CMO does that. You give CMO a budget and brand target and he does everything himself.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

personally not bothering with any kind of AI staff except the mandatory subsidiary CEO which i usually get with $0 wages anyone with several million wages gets fired quickly if i dont need this particially company operating on its own, i just merge it into another and get rid of the greedy guy.

for advertising, its a kinda fire n forget mode for me. once set in every city for every product or product range, whatever strategy i use, its a fixed amount each month for TV,Radio,Newspaper and i never change it unless i got all media owned by my holding, then i raise the spending and never touch it again. doesnt cost me a penny in the end as it goes straight back into companies pocket if media is owned by myself
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

WilliamMGary wrote:Once you hire CMO go to him/her in persons report and go to management policies or via the HQ CMO office.

Reference: http://www.capitalismlab.com/enhanced-m ... icies.html
Yes I understand that, but that's not setting a brand rating target. You can only set if the CMO can set their own target and budget. On the HQ screen you can set the Adverising budget across all firms.

I really wish I could set a brand rating target for the CMO.