Divisions & Subsidiary break up

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Divisions & Subsidiary break up

Post by Arcnor »

Often companies are acquired so they can be broken apart and sold off to the highest bidder. Currently there are only two purposes to acquiring subsidiaries within the game: dividends and mergers. Once a merger is complete a player must go through a process of reorganization that can be taxing (depending on the number of new firms acquired).

What I suggest (really echo the suggestion of others) is the formation of divisions that can be established based on product class. A company that produces both Beverages and Snacks would then have two divisions. If the company also retails their own products then Retail would be its own division. Raw materials, crop products, and semi products could be combined under an Operations Division (or some other name). Warehouses and factories selling multiple product classes could be designated by the player as to which division they should be included with.

As part of this addition a new window would be created under the Corporation Detail to show the financial results of a particular division. From here the player would also be able to designate the division as available for sale. The mkt value would be based on the mkt value of the firms associated with that division, plus "goodwill" for training levels and technology levels.

In this way if I take over company X who has under performing retail outlets or perhaps just specialized retail outlets (Shoe stores for example) and I decide I don't want to sell shoes I could easily sell off that part of the company.

This would make it easy to sell off parts of the company that are not performing well or that the company does not wish to pursue further.
counting
Level 8 user

Re: Divisions & Subsidiary break up

Post by counting »

This will be nice, but might need more detail mechanism to go along with for it to work though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
greene345
Level 3 user

Post by greene345 »

I like! +1
au8633
Level 3 user

Post by au8633 »

I would have it so you can give a whole new name to the division and later be able to list is on the stock exchange. You would have a button in the firm view where you can select the division it goes to .
au8633
Level 3 user

Post by au8633 »

Plus if you are able to have a Division Operations Officer and have settings say if you want them to expand the brand or close down the brand you can. you would have a fixed salary amount for divisions management staff. and say your X and you have division Y and division Y has a better Brand loyalty you have the choice to rename and rebrand your corporation by Selecting Division Y in the branding options of your corporation and it will merge the division with the parent and rebrand the parent corporation to the divisions name and branding wiping any brand loyalty that the Parent had
bundyaxl
Level 4 user

Post by bundyaxl »

I think the way it should work is more or less like right now but unlocked controls.

When you own over 50% stock the company becomes a subsidiary but you should get CEO controls similar to current COO controls.

You could put CEO on full auto and it would work just like now.
Manual CEO should give you some options like the current COO... just give the CEO basic guidelines.
There should be a list for focused industry and restricted industries so you can have them focus on certain products you don't want to deal with. Or have them focus on retailing or raw materials for example. Restrictions would of coarse be opposite if you don't want them to compete with you in certain items.
Full Control mode would make you the CEO of both companies and give you control of the HQ and all the firms.

The player should always be able to purchase from a subsidiary even if internal sale is on and you should be able to give them directions to purchase your raw materials or semi-products.