Suggestion: Tender offer

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab

Would you like the ability to make a tender offer in Capitalism Lab?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 36

WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Suggestion: Tender offer

Post by WilliamMGary »

Definition of tender offer (n)
Bing Dictionary

ten·der of·fer

offer for stock to gain control: an offer to buy many shares in a company from any seller, usually at a considerable premium, in an effort to obtain a controlling interest

I would like to see the ability to to do tender offer of a certain % of the targeted company stock, and any buyers who's willing to sell for that price would agree and the cash be transferred to them. The buying 5% seems inefficient and is hinder economic growth.

Ideas for implementation
===================
- If the targeted % of stock is not obtained, the shares that was tender the player would have the option to accept or declined
- If the targeted % of stock is obtained the sale is executed immediately.
- The tender offer stands until either the targeted % is obtained or one month (whichever occurs first)
- Only one tender offer can be in progress per company.
gbw

Re: Suggestion: Tender offer

Post by gbw »

I would like to be able to do a tender offer or be able to just buy out a company directly by offering a premium over the current stock price. Just like real companies do. You have companies with low stock values but by the time you buy them 5% at a time it takes years to own them at a reasonable rate and that still buying them at like a 100% premium which is nuts.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

We definitely need this in my opinion.

The 5% limitation is to rigid and creates a situation where capital is wasted with returns never reaching the level necessary to justify the premium paid.
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

There should be a difference between buying from white stock (stock hold by general public), and stock owned by AI (company of person).

And if players can buy out AI quickly, in return can AI buy out player's stock quickly as well?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
-------------------------------------------------------------------
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

counting wrote:There should be a difference between buying from white stock (stock hold by general public), and stock owned by AI (company of person).

And if players can buy out AI quickly, in return can AI buy out player's stock quickly as well?

Yes. Now how many more votes do I need?
tosh
Level 3 user

Post by tosh »

great idea!
vinng

Post by vinng »

OK I know this is dated but wouldn't the price start to move up close to your premium as soon as you publicly announce your tender offer? Of course assuming you're a credible entity.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

I was going to create a new topic to suggest this very thing, but I remembered this had already been suggested.

With the new subsidiary DLC, having this feature would be more realistic and improve game play.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

Bumping this for an update from David from the Dev team.
City Builder
Level 5 user

Post by City Builder »

Arcnor wrote:I was going to create a new topic to suggest this very thing, but I remembered this had already been suggested.

With the new subsidiary DLC, having this feature would be more realistic and improve game play.
Agreed