Suggestion: Tender offer

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab

Would you like the ability to make a tender offer in Capitalism Lab?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 36

radovan
Level 2 user

Re: Suggestion: Tender offer

Post by radovan »

Great idea! I suggested it myself before. I think it is important and would work well with the new subsidiaries system.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Totally agree with this and brought it up again on the CFO investment suggestion.
derekg52
Level 2 user

Post by derekg52 »

Is it possible to get an update on this? This has been the one feature keeping me from feeling like Warren Buffett. Buying companies 5% at a time takes forever without spiking the stock price.
derekg52
Level 2 user

Post by derekg52 »

David is it possible to have an update? Even if it's a stop gap feature, like maybe repeated buying of 5% increments doesn't spike the stock price. If a 20-30% premium is what may be considered normal to buy a whole company, maybe incremental buying should only raise the price by about 1%each time. That would functionally solve the problem also I think.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

derekg52 wrote:David is it possible to have an update? Even if it's a stop gap feature, like maybe repeated buying of 5% increments doesn't spike the stock price. If a 20-30% premium is what may be considered normal to buy a whole company, maybe incremental buying should only raise the price by about 1%each time. That would functionally solve the problem also I think.
Nah we need this to be a tender offer with a start and stop date and the AI during that period can offer up their shares.At the end of the period if all shares are given then good if not the player is giving the option to buy the shares that were offered up or to just walk away.

We don't need any compromises with this feature it needs sorely needed.
derekg52
Level 2 user

Post by derekg52 »

WilliamMGary wrote:
derekg52 wrote:David is it possible to have an update? Even if it's a stop gap feature, like maybe repeated buying of 5% increments doesn't spike the stock price. If a 20-30% premium is what may be considered normal to buy a whole company, maybe incremental buying should only raise the price by about 1%each time. That would functionally solve the problem also I think.
Nah we need this to be a tender offer with a start and stop date and the AI during that period can offer up their shares.At the end of the period if all shares are given then good if not the player is giving the option to buy the shares that were offered up or to just walk away.

We don't need any compromises with this feature it needs sorely needed.
Oh I agree fully but I would prefer to have something rather then nothing. I was merely just suggesting some easier, less fully featured ideas if it would get something our hands sooner. I hope we are able to get some movement on this topic.