Suggestion - Add floors system to warehouses

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
radovan
Level 2 user

Suggestion - Add floors system to warehouses

Post by radovan »

I think it would be a realistic and useful addition to the game (Subsidiaries DLC) to add floor-system to warehouse (in the same way that it is done with the retail buildings). The way it is at the moment, I need a really large number of warehouses to set up in later stages of the game, which makes management of the company supply chains too complicated. Warehouse for me it the way to gather supplies from different factories and use it as a sole supplier for all the other individual shops. With only three input, storage and output units available, I need one warehouse per one product per one larger city, which requires a lot of work managing all the building in a situation where I produce 20+ products for 4 cities. So just a suggestion, if it is possible to implement, that would be very nice.

Also, is there an information what is the volume by which warehouse outputs the products? I cannot estimate how many of output units I really need, by default I use 1 input, 1 storage and 1 output, but I have no idea if that is optimal solution.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: Suggestion - Add floors system to warehouses

Post by Arcnor »

+1
HansOlav
Level 3 user

Post by HansOlav »

+1
Malaras
Level 4 user

Post by Malaras »

+1
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

+1
jared_allister1
Level 3 user

Post by jared_allister1 »

+1
Nezerathian

Post by Nezerathian »

+1
Bebo

Post by Bebo »

+1

And +1, some information about how much volume each unit can process would be nice!
derekg52
Level 2 user

Post by derekg52 »

If anyone is interested in doing it themselves, this can be modded into the game. I had the same conundrum and it wasn't hard to get it added. Go through the guide on adding new buildings and here are the values I use in case anyone is interested. I added three versions, the costs scale up for each additional one as a self imposed penalty. What you care about, and this goes for all the buildings, is the "space" column in the buildings.dbf file. The standard warehouse space is set at 200.

WAREHOUS WAREHOU4 5x Warehouse 4 4 10000 1000 1000 40 1 1
WAREHOUS WAREHOU5 25x Warehouse 4 4 75000 7500 5000 40 1 1
WAREHOUS WAREHOU6 50x Warehouse 4 4 200000 20000 9999 40 1 1
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

Bebo wrote:+1

And +1, some information about how much volume each unit can process would be nice!
at least the big warehouse with 1 input (lvl 9) can not suck out one big factory (lvl 9) with some products like CPU or Electronic Components ... with HiFi, Aircondition and others, it seems possible.
on the other hand, 2 inputs linked to 1 big factory seems to much.

the small warehouse is maybe useless ... it has much to less capacity - at least for semi electronic, home app, computer, toy ...

greetz
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".