Do not see the new features

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
Traks
Level 2 user

Do not see the new features

Post by Traks »

Hello,

I enabled DLC but I do not see any multiple building levels. I tried scenarios, New game and challenges.
Where the multiple floor option is hidden?
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Do not see the new features

Post by David »

Please see the following web page about how to enable the multiple floors system:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/multiple-f ... ystem.html
Spac3y
Level 4 user

Post by Spac3y »

Also makesure you switch the option on when creating a custom game (Click on the enviroment tab and on the retail store floors option select "multiple")

One of the best new features for me, I do love the multiple store floors. :)
eleaza
Level 8 user

Post by eleaza »

I am curious though, do you guys feel the multi-floor makes the game difficulty gets easier or not?

Multi-floor retail makes the total cost of setting up retail much cheaper, and since human is pretty good at picking high traffic index locations, this also makes the few retail stores player have a little more competitive. And we don't need to face the ugly AI firm spamming that early. The city overall looks a bit more clean.

But AI also has an edge, since AI usually have capital advantage, hence AI can spam even higher retail capacity quickly, so if you don't venture into a market quickly, you might face total retail domination from AIs, and leaves no blank market to go much sooner. And since AI doesn't spam retail like crazy, I notice more AI farms and factories open in the downtown area comparably.
E is for Endear, all cute and cuddly
L is for Luxury, longing for splendid
E is for Elate, making others happy
A is for Amenable, a serene nature
Z is for Zeal, zest for wonderful life
A is for Admirers, all of you love me
Spac3y
Level 4 user

Post by Spac3y »

I do like the fact as you say Eleaza that the AI can eat up all the space with factories and crap where youd want to put your other stores so unless buying them when they go up for sale and tearing them down it can be a nightmare.

I do find it particularly usefull when I have a large supply of something that isnt anywhere near demanded so I do find it utilizes the demand better on these types of products by being able to have 12 sales units as opposed to the 4.

It is also very handy when you have more than 1 set of products you can sell so it does utulize a town space well if you have a supermarket say that can sell 12 differrent products.
Traks
Level 2 user

Post by Traks »

Okay, Spac3y gets cookie for the correct answer.

I was missing that I have to enable it additionally in settings.

Also, too bad that scenarios do not use this feature. Shame really, but likely also financial reasons.