Question: Transferring ownership to company?

Subsidiary DLC for Capitalism Lab
kazenorin
Level 3 user

Question: Transferring ownership to company?

Post by kazenorin »

In my current game I had my CEO buying up 80% of a certain public company.

I realized that despite my company is privately own by my CEO (private company, never went for IPO),
I cannot transfer the ownership to my company nor control that company as a subsidiary, nor "buying out" the rest of the 20% owned by the original founder.

I am fully aware of these rules:
1. My company cannot buy stocks of any other companies my CEO have shares of
2. My CEO technically isn't my company if we view Private Companies as LLCs like public companies

So I tried selling off the shares owned by my CEO and buying it back with my company.
Thing problem is even though I paused the game (set speed to zero),
some investor company (who is also a private company) manages to snatch the public shares before I could.

Is there any way I can transfer the ownership to from my CEO to my Company?
Or in some way control this 80%-owned company?

Edit: I see that something similar to this is asked by someone else: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 393#p18382

Can we at least have the option of either:
1) Transfer or sell all stocks at market price to the company,
2) Subsidiary-like control on the company acquired with player account, or
3) Ability to prevent AI players from buying stocks when the game is paused
buells
Level 4 user

Re: Question: Transferring ownership to company?

Post by buells »

To prevent exploits, maybe also add a premium required for merger. I recommend the merger price be the lower of a 20% premium to current share price and the trailing 90 day high. Making it based on P/E or book probably won't work very well and these should be somewhat reflected in market price anyway.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Yes Agreed.

I've been meaning to make a post on this very topic.

With the ability to create new subs, I've tried to make adjustments to my ownership structure during the game. For instance, I will create a sub with the intent of my parent company holding 75% of the company, 15% by another sub, and then 10% personally. To do this I have to sell all of my stock in the new sub and buy it separately by each party.

I would suggest that a feature is added to allow the transfer of stock between parent, sub, and persons at the current market price and the effect of the transfers have no effect on the stock price (i.e. to avoid any possible stock manipulation).
kazenorin
Level 3 user

Post by kazenorin »

buells wrote:To prevent exploits, maybe also add a premium required for merger. I recommend the merger price be the lower of a 20% premium to current share price and the trailing 90 day high. Making it based on P/E or book probably won't work very well and these should be somewhat reflected in market price anyway.

My situation at the time of the previous post was that it wasn't even possible with a premium.

When I sell even when paused, the AI immediately buys what I sold.
WilliamMGary
Level 9 user

Post by WilliamMGary »

I remember requesting this and got shot down but I think it's needed. In Real Life companies transfer assets/stocks between entitles all the time. Maybe we can tax + have a transaction fee [cost of lawyers, regulatory review etc] but there's definitely a need to have the ability to transfer assets.
meRlinX_AT
Level 3 user

Post by meRlinX_AT »

WilliamMGary wrote:I remember requesting this and got shot down but I think it's needed. In Real Life companies transfer assets/stocks between entitles all the time. Maybe we can tax + have a transaction fee [cost of lawyers, regulatory review etc] but there's definitely a need to have the ability to transfer assets.
+1
Win 7 Pro / Cap Lab 4.4.19 + Sub DLC

* I'm not an native English speaker - maybe some phrases or words are not the "yellow from the egg".