Problem with the new Advanced MOD

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: Problem with the new Advanced MOD

Post by David »

counting wrote:After some try and error, I found the trigger of the method.cpp bug. In Product_Types.dbf of the field Price, any number greater than 20000 will trigger it, (even just 20001), although the MOD help says its range from 1 to 99999 (there are number of errors in the MOD help as well, like the length of measurement unit name of the product in plural is 8 chars not 6 chars).

This bug also means, currently no unit price can be more expensive than a normal car.
I've just modified the price range stated on the web page to reflect the actual acceptable range. (the range is 0.3 to 20000)
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

David wrote:
clark17 wrote:When i try to add RABBIT and MRABBIT products i have another error:
I have added additional instructions for adding new farming items on the CapLab web site.
Please read: http://www.capitalismlab.com/advanced-m ... rming.html

By following the new instructions, you should be able to resolve the problems.
I was trying to make some new plant products and classes, but I find that in Product_Classes.dbf there are no columns called FARMRELATE or EXPERTISE, and unless I separate some existing plant-semi into new classes I can't make them salable in supermarket. (I think it's reasonable to buy strawberry/lemon/grape as fruits in supermarket, and sugar/corn as ingredients, but not likely for robber/tobacco/flax fibber)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
David

Post by David »

We have just released v2.6.07 which updated the MOD kit and fixed a few issues.

You may download the patch from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 9852#p9852

The Product_Classes.DBF and Natural_Resources.DBF have been updated. (Added FARMRELATE and EXPERTISE fields for Product_Classes.DBF) If you have used the MOD kit in 2.6.06 for modifying The Product_Classes.DBF or Natural_Resources.DBF, please migrate your changes to the latest Product_Classes.DBF or Natural_Resources.DBF in 2.6.07.
David

Post by David »

I was trying to make some new plant products and classes, but I find that in Product_Classes.dbf there are no columns called FARMRELATE or EXPERTISE, and unless I separate some existing plant-semi into new classes I can't make them salable in supermarket. (I think it's reasonable to buy strawberry/lemon/grape as fruits in supermarket, and sugar/corn as ingredients, but not likely for robber/tobacco/flax fibber)
You may check out this web page which should have the info you need: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 011#p10011
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

David wrote:We have just released v2.6.07 which updated the MOD kit and fixed a few issues.

You may download the patch from http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 9852#p9852

The Product_Classes.DBF and Natural_Resources.DBF have been updated. (Added FARMRELATE and EXPERTISE fields for Product_Classes.DBF) If you have used the MOD kit in 2.6.06 for modifying The Product_Classes.DBF or Natural_Resources.DBF, please migrate your changes to the latest Product_Classes.DBF or Natural_Resources.DBF in 2.6.07.
So we can now add natural resource image in images/products folder instead of the game /raw folder?
clark17
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by clark17 »

Thanks David, i have added successfully RABBIT and MRABBIT:

But when i try to produce MRabbit:
[MOD] Real World for Capitalism Lab
Really sorry for my english like a Spanish cow ;-)
clark17
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by clark17 »

Ok, i have make a copy of PIG.COL, PIG.ICN, MPIG.COL, MPIG.ICN for RABBIT.COL, RABBIT.ICN, MRABBIT.ICN, MRABBIT.COL in job\farm and it work:

Just two minor problems:
- the pic in process for rabbit (same as pig)
- no sound for livrestock raising of rabbit

What contains PIG.COL and PIG.ICN files?
clark17
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by clark17 »

With which software did you open these files?
clark17
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by clark17 »

Thanks!
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

David wrote:
You may check out this web page which should have the info you need: http://www.capitalismlab.com/forum/view ... 011#p10011
I've used the gold raw file for the new mineral, and I was curious if I can mod natural resources the same way as blackberry fruit in mod example, so I setup a mine of diamond to be a new ROCK product_types and sold in luxury shop. But the strange thing happened that there is no demand or supply bar for this new product.

I have to make it through a new type of diamond ring product to bypass this problem.
Attachments
diamond bug.jpg
diamond bug.jpg (197.82 KiB) Viewed 1027 times