MOD ideas

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

MOD ideas

Post by David »

Here are some ideas for you if you are interested in creating a new MOD for Capitalism Lab.

-A MOD with a retro theme with the game starting at 1950 or so. Many products are not available at the beginning of the game and will require R&D efforts for their inventions. (It will require the use of a script file to make the game start at 1950.)

-A MOD focusing on the automobile industry.

-A MOD focusing on computers and gadgets.

-A MOD focusing on smart phones.

-A MOD with futuristic products.

You are also welcome to post your ideas here as well. This post can be seen as an exchange of MOD ideas between MOD creators and users.
Boris911

Re: MOD ideas

Post by Boris911 »

Hi,
I have idea if will be possible create mod with cellular network business (like e.g. Vodafone, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc...) where:

1.) Will be necessary build BTS station for cover area
2.) city will buy licenses for frequency for limited time frame - e.g. 10 years (by auction - if competitor will offer to city more money they will win) - this will be necessary for working BTS station like "input" = without frequency = none "output" like none broadcasting.
3.) Build store
4.) People (retail in real world) or your competitor (business customers in real world) will buy your services (or goods - like your tablets and phones = it could be buy from another company to our store like re-branding in real world) depend on price, quality and network cover
5.) You will have to research new technology - e.g. in 1990 you will start with analog NMT network, after that you will research digital GSM network, after that UMTS -> HSPA (HSDPA, HSUPA) -> LTE -> LTE Advanced -> etc...

This is my great nice idea. :) But I don't know if it will be possible realize it. :?
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

A B2B extreme-depth-instead-of-width mod focusing on a specific product classes with tones of semi-networks like real-life, I wonder how AIs will handle them
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls
counting
Level 8 user

Post by counting »

I also think it would be fun to recreate the original Capitalism Plus product sets back into CapLab. There are many interesting products in CapPlus. Even those products that we already know doomed to fail like Internet TV (yes, it is a product thought could be a hit back in 1990s), and make it obsolete extremely quickly as a sign of fad product. Even revived the wrist computer, we all know it could be a future product as wearable devices (just 20 years too early it in CapPlus).

The food and drink massive sectors although largely covered by over mod, however, the original CapPlus have some very interesting products, like ostrich meat, and pizza! And they already have associated icons and sales price to reference.
Twitch channel : twitch.tv/ancientbuilder
Youtube channel : www.youtube.com/user/countingtls