[MOD] REALWORLD 9.21 beta + EXTRA's by Piermario

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
Tufu

Re: [MOD] REALWORLD 7.02 by Piermario

Post by Tufu »

Hey !

Its my first message on the forum :D First, gratz for your mod its pretty cool and I assume its a lot of work. I can't wait for the new balanced version of the mod, how is it going ? Because some markets are very underestimated and it makes bad surprises sometime :(
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

Hi we have a beta version 8.1 but it need to further tests, thanks to the work to Megapolis.
If someone are interested i can share here later
Ciao!
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Unfortunately we are stuck at the balancing of products. I have changed a lot of numbers to make all the products profitable but it has changed initial balance and unfortunately it does not look real anymore.

Currently I am stuck as I have only two options how to move forward.

First is to change balance by trial and error, trying to find proper profitability numbers for every product. It will require enormous amount of work and testing.

Second way is to ask David to share a couple of numbers with us then create a spreadsheet that will count profits from every product in several synthetic situations and update the mod according to this analysis.

Since first way frustrates me even before the start I will try second way. :)
rmax
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rmax »

Hi. For balancing products, try my openoffice spreadsheet that I made when creating fandom alarm mod.

How to use it:
1. Copypaste all your new products from mod kit to "manuf" and "data" sheets.
2. Extend calculating to lower rows in Calc sheet to calculate data from new products.
3. There in Calc sheet we have two important columns: N is margin (Наценка) - it shows how much the price of product above the price of its raw materials (per unit of product), ie 3,9 means that price of product is 3,9 times higher than total raw material price, required for this item; and O is as I called it conditional market (Усл. рынок) - it shows how much per year on average spends one buyer for this product, ie 40,0 means that in average one customer spends $40 for this product every year.
4. So, now we compare each new product with default analogues, for example, if I want that my new product Promotional Bags was similar to default Leather Briefcase product, I need to have these two indexes about the same for my new product and default one. To do so we go to Data sheet and adjust Price (Column D) and Demand (Column I) and chech how changes numbers in Calc sheet.
5. After finishing adjusting, copypaste all new values to mod kit files.
Attachments
products.zip
for balancing products
(84.28 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
czurcz
Level 2 user

Post by czurcz »

megapolis wrote:Since first way frustrates me even before the start I will try second way. :)
don't give up, guys, you are making brilliant piece of work! unfortunately i don't have too much time to support you in testing, etc., but all the thumbs up from me to you!! :)
Greetz from Polska!
megapolis
Level 6 user

Post by megapolis »

Max, thank you for sharing your spreadsheet. I have the one of this kind. I went further. You can find in original products set that some products have raw materials/finished goods ratio of 10 or even 14. 1400% is quite a lot. So the next step is to calculate all the costs including raw materials, manufacturing workforce, transport expenses and sales workforce. That way we can balance these costs and get rid of situations when a single product can make you a fortune.

As for your way to use your spreadsheet, I personally don't like this idea. It makes new goods look like old ones and restricts my freedom to add something really new.

Макс, если я получу недостающие данные и включу их в свою табличку, я поделюсь. Это будет реально шаг вперёд.
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Post by Parkerrush92 »

Y'all should collaborate with the guy from openbu.org.

http://www.openbu.org
https://github.com/openbu
founder@openbu.org

Theres lots of ways to expound on the game. I would follow that outline. It seem to me that the concern is in competition with the number of competitors, and amount of products. I understand that pricing and balancing of supply and demand is the issue at present. Although I cant help you with that, I am here to offer my support to continue the development of this great mod.
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by piermario »

Ciao all
this is a BETA version of Realworld Mod 8.01 thanks to huge work made by Megapolis.
It needs further balance, i post here the full mod folder (it's about 50 mb!!!) to have a look and give us a feedback!
Enjoy
http://www.filedropper.com/realworld81beta
Parkerrush92
Level 4 user

Re: [MOD] REALWORLD 8.01 beta by Piermario

Post by Parkerrush92 »

Piermario! is there any improvement to mid-late game AI market share issues?
piermario
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Re: [MOD] REALWORLD 8.01 beta by Piermario

Post by piermario »

Ciao all! Thanks to developer team for new beta release, i will explore it....
I updated the 2 scripts to use in realworld mod 8.01: i changed competitors number from 30 to 40 to add more competition due to large number of products.
They works only in new beta version 2.7.00.
Enjoy!
Attachments
scripts real world 8.1 beta.zip
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 194 times