script parameters

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
anjali
Level 4 user

script parameters

Post by anjali »

currently am giving it a try to create a more demanding scenario as cap lab is too easy even when game difficulty score says 296% insanely difficult, not enyoyable... thats still too easy!. (in cap lab there are scenarios, where i had to make huge spreadsheets, to calculate all n everything in the first place+business plan and follow this exactly or you go broke and you needed to turn every single penny 5 times before spending it i.e. "staying in vogue" was in my opinion the hardest scenario availible its near impossible and this is what i am looking to somehow get running on cap lab with all the extra stuff in cap lab availible)
went through the whole forum and also checked the instructions for modding / scripting over and over but can not find certain answers and by try and test i still couldnt get it to work after several hours.

thats what i ve issues with and any ideas how to solve it would be much appreciated

as written above i m currently trying to make the game more demanding but not interested in inventing a whole new game as the game exists :) therefore wanna use a script and the realworld 10.29 as plattform in relation to product types etc, the stuff i ve issues with:

1. Private company via script did try dozen different parameters all came back negative in error log, any way to make player corp private at start to limit the initial cash to $5million total and not a single penny more

2. is there a way to unlock Information Center parts that were locked out in the script at the start of the game (i.e. subgoal reached and for main goal you gonna need stockmarket and the financial actions i wanted give free as well, but both are locked earlier in the script to give a total of $5 million at the start no loans no stock at all until a subgoal is reached else its just another 300% difficulty game that feels like 1% difficulty as theres no challenge when ya sit on $6 billion or more within 3 years)
[LOCKS]
Information Center, Stock Market
this command works only if i disable the stockmarket at all in stock market=No else the lock seem to have no effect and the tab for stockmarket is availible + i can buy n sell stock as i m pleased

i used the unlock commands in the script (subgoal rewards section) and always get an error file telling me that the game did not understand
unlock financial actions (did try plenty different parameters w/ and w/o information center no luck to unlock financial actions nor stock market)

3. buildings i.e. all retail stores locked exept juwelry/apparel any way? did try n try w/o success (also need to be able to unlock this buildings at a later stage therefore just altering the building.dbf is just not an option as it has to be availible at a later stage.

4. even locking all products the whole livestock, crop stuff keeps being availible in the game, same here did try plenty versions incl. lock prouct=crop / plant / lifestock semi products what ever the product .dbf had in mind as product class name, and whatever other attempts of locking i did try, i always failed.
reason for this is that the livestock+crop is an insane money making machine, plant all 14 farms (medium level 1 no training enough) in each town makes ya 600 million a year with 8 convie shops / town in realworld mod and livestock isnt part of the first part of the scenario. would also need to figure out how to unlock single products only (i.e. crop cotton, flax / livestock leather, wool, rabbit skin / and only the semi products that needs to be manufactured in order to get the whole apparel and jewelry class covered (belongs together in my opinion as no fdress is good without accessoires) but leave all other crop/livestock / semi locked out.

therefore i did try the lock all products and unlock single products only no luck either either, i got no error message though but if i plant a farm i.e every crop availible and if i remember correctly the dominance on single product is not valid either
any ideas how to accomplish?

few other things i am still trying to get working on my own,as i like to try around n see if i get stuff working instead of just ask and let others do. if i should hit the wall few time too often i gonna add this stuff at a later stage to maybe find some suggestions here.

/edit: as for now i got it up n running by altering all Dbase files but it limites the game heavily, without any chance to extend it to additional goals. gonna run it through n once am certain its stable, i gonna post the .res + script on moddb. still would like to get it set up on the full realworld scale.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: script parameters

Post by David »

Have you tried the Challenge Games?

http://www.capitalismlab.com/capserver/ ... enge_games

Based on the challenge result pages, it does not seem that the majority of the players found the AI too easy and there is a reasonable distribution of player scores on both ends of the spectrum. Perhaps it just happens that you are one of those more skilled players, which is normal as every game tends to have this kind of player skill distribution.

Here is what I suggest if you are looking for more challenges:
1) Play one of the scenarios with the hardest difficulty setting.

2) Try to achieve the "King of Capitalism" goal.

3) Play a game with a script containing:
http://www.capitalismlab.com/script---s ... rules.html
Years of Advanced Start for AI=<0 to 100>, [Stock Purchase Allowed]
If this variable is defined, the AI will have an advanced start. During the years of AI advanced start, the player will not be able to perform any business actions.

If the optional parameter [Stock Purchase Allowed] is defined, the player will be able to purchase stocks during the period of AI advanced start. If it is not defined, by default, the player is not allowed to buy stocks during this period, and likewise the AI companies are also not allowed to buy the player company's stock during this period.

The fun level should be higher if you would play the game without manipulating the stock market for quick profits, and use a strategy other than the apartment/commercial building strategy you posted on the Strategy Tips forum to amass a fortune.
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

just playing the gfame within its parameters ofcourse using every possibility availible to maximize profits within legal parameters and not manipulating the stock market as this is lame, once the stock mix up starts i always quit the current game after taking the comapnies as its pointless afterwards. and the real estate was just a suggestion for how to manage the real estate mogul 1kkk revenue in a reasonable time, ofcourse i do like the real estate part of the game and was looking forward to DLC due to the fact that it offers me to run a subsidary for retail in my real estates as i need to set up the shops myself or i never get shopping convinience up, but firstly theres no way to set up subsidaries after you save the first time as the option for subsidaries gonna disappear at this point for good (saving is neccessary due to random ctd's w/o an error message) and at the start of the game with 10 million in the pocket theres no way of founding a subsidary before the option disappears due to luck of cash and cba to watch the A.I. throwing this 20 million out of the window leaving me bankrupt ;p.

always playing a game to its boundaries or not at all as standard games are just too easy and boring. same with mmo's would never play a mmo where ya get everything at start. only playing those where skilling is in realtime, taking decades to get to high levels (i.e. eve online 21 years real time to skill all currently availible on a single character) and no way of scripting/ macroing to raise skill quickly.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

but firstly theres no way to set up subsidaries after you save the first time as the option for subsidaries gonna disappear at this point for good (saving is neccessary due to random ctd's w/o an error message) and at the start of the game with 10 million in the pocket theres no way of founding a subsidary before the option disappears due to luck of cash and cba to watch the A.I. throwing this 20 million out of the window leaving me bankrupt ;p.
This bug is already fixed in version 3.0.21.