[MOD] AUSTRALIA REAL WORLD - Release Version 3.4.08

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
au8633
Level 3 user

[MOD] AUSTRALIA REAL WORLD - Release Version 3.4.08

Post by au8633 »

No longer doing this mod, no one seemed to care so took it down.
Last edited by au8633 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:57 am, edited 11 times in total.
jon747

Re: [MOD] AUSTRALIA REAL WORLD **UPDATED**

Post by jon747 »

There doesn't seem to be any year restriction on any of the re searchable products. If i'm correct vanilla 3.3 has the tech restriction as well as an unlock year, but there doesn't seem to be any year restriction with the mod, so you can have VR and Smart phones in the early 1900s.
au8633
Level 3 user

Post by au8633 »

I didn't Create the mod. All I did was change a few things and added aussie brands. I used Real World and it was created by piermario . I wouldn't have a clue how to do add all that stuff. :shock:
anjali
Level 4 user

Post by anjali »

au8633 wrote:I didn't Create the mod. All I did was change a few things and added aussie brands. I used Real World and it was created by piermario . I wouldn't have a clue how to do add all that stuff. :shock:
theres a .dbf file in the modpack called product_types.dbf there 2 colums for making a restriction of year to invent thats caninv_yr = the year it is availible to invent
invent_yr = the time it takes with a single level 1 R&D unit to invent it
both colums should have a value to activate the year restriction.

you can also lock the product until up to 2 other products has been invented, that would be in the same file
parent1 and parent2
i.e. if you want to lock Tablet computer until a desktop computer and notebook computer has been invented
you gonna add desktop computer and notebook computer to the parent1 and parent2 column and ya got it.

if you want to make also a dependency on the tech (i.e. touch screen, mobile UI etc) you gonna have to open the
Product_Tech.txt (create it if it doesnt exist)
add the wanted products and the tech you want it to depend and the minimum value and weight in product quality of said tech
please note that the weight of all techs required for a product must have a total sum of 100
if you want techs for desktop comp / notebook computer and tablet computer that would look like

/ the examples are based on the realworld mod product names anything with "/" is just a comment
/ Desktop Computer requiring videostreaming audiostreaming, 2d graphics each at 100 (choose any value the higher the longer
/ to research to get the research points, just choose the value 100 as its a sound number)
[COMPUTER]
VIDEO_ST=100,30
AUDIO_ST=100,30
2D_GFX=100,40

/Notebook requiring Cloud Computing, Solid State Drive, 3d graphics each at 90
[NOTEBOOK]
CLOUD_COMP=90,30
SSD=90,30
3D_GFX=90,50

/Tablet PC requiring Touch screen tech, hand writing recognition, search engine each at 100
[TABLET]
TOUCH_SCR=100,20
HANDWRITE=100,40
SEARCH_EN=100,40

you can choose what ever you like, the techs and its game-intern names you can find in Tech_DBF and you can also change in this .dbf the year restriction when to invent (caninv_yr) and what parent tech is required if any (parent1 / parent2) and their req. tech level (parent1_lv/parent2_lv)
lotsa lotsa numbers to type so gonna take ya couple hours to sort it out

once ya dine ... repack all to get the new .res file with the changes
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: [MOD] AUSTRALIA REAL WORLD

Post by David »

What are the differences between the standard edition of the mod and the Tech Edition ?
au8633
Level 3 user

Re: [MOD] AUSTRALIA REAL WORLD

Post by au8633 »

well you pretty much have to invent everything in tech edition and the standard you can do a smart phone at 1900
au8633
Level 3 user

Re: [MOD] AUSTRALIA REAL WORLD - Release Version 3.4.08

Post by au8633 »

Hey Peeps new buildings include department store, liquor store, Home Improvement Mega Store and Supermarket in release version 3.4.08 let me know what you think of them :)
vlade

Re: [MOD] AUSTRALIA REAL WORLD - Release Version 3.4.08

Post by vlade »

au8633 wrote:Made off Real world mod But with Australian Companies and a few things have been moved around.
works with DLC Release Version 3.4.08

Realworldaus mod & Realworldaus mod Tech Edition Plus the files for the mods can all be downloaded here http://www.wgroup.info/

Realworldaus tech edition is Thanks to anjali
Please send me a link where I can download Reawolrdaus, for some reasaon I cannot on the link which is quoted
Thanks