[MOD] Arms industry

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
rmax
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

[MOD] Arms industry

Post by rmax »

3 new military focused product classes, indcluding 10 products, + 1 new semi-product.

Distinctive feature of most products in this MOD - relatively high quality concern among consumers. All product classes are merged into one MILITARY product mega class.

List of products and classes:

Army Surplus:
- Ammunition
- Field Ration
- Personal Armor

Products of this class are sold in Department and Discount Stores. Besides sales to the public, ammunition required for the producting of weapons. Quality of the Personal Armor is almost entirely determined by the technology.

Firearms:
- Pistol
- Assault Rifle
- Heavy Machine Gun
- Sniper Rifle

Sold in Department and Discount Stores too. Pistol, Assault Rifle and Heavy Machine Gun requires same products for manufacturing, but Pistols needs less materials and has lower price, Heavy Machine Gun and Sniper Rifle has high price but low demand. Sniper Rifle requires glass additionally for manufacturing. Sniper Rifle has highest quality concern, and Pistols has highest brand concern in product category.

Military Vehicles:
- Humvee
- Multi-Mission Robot
- Armed Robot

Store: Auto Atelier. Products of this class needs hard R&D efforts to profitable sell. Multi-Mission Robot and Armed Robot required research (years 2005 and 2010 respectively), and Multi-Mission Robot technology is required for Armed Robot. Multi-Mission Robot nequires notebook technology.

Archived MOD files are in attachments, installation instruction: http://www.capitalismlab.com/how-to-use-a-mod.html

Have fun!
Attachments
MOD (Arms Industry).zip
MOD files.
(8.33 MiB) Downloaded 1110 times
rmax
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Re: [MOD] Arms industry

Post by rmax »

Source files for MOD kit:
Attachments
MOD_kit (Arms Industry).zip
Files for MOD kit
(343.85 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
clark17
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by clark17 »

Funny :)
[MOD] Real World for Capitalism Lab
Really sorry for my english like a Spanish cow ;-)
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

Interesting MOD.

I have posted about your MOD on the official Capitalism Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/capitalism2/po ... 4601897074
rmax
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rmax »

David wrote:I have posted about your MOD on the official Capitalism Facebook page
Wow, cool, thanks :)
Babajun

Post by Babajun »

Hi all,

I have the Problem that my CMO does not Advertise the Sniper and Heavy Machine Gun.
Pistol and Assault Rifle he does Advertise.

Someone can help or know a solution?

greetings

PS: great Mod like it! Superb work.
rmax
Translation Contributor
Translation Contributor

Post by rmax »

Babajun wrote:I have the Problem that my CMO does not Advertise the Sniper and Heavy Machine Gun.
Pistol and Assault Rifle he does Advertise.
Most likely brand concern too little in city, so that CMO decided that investments in advertising simply does not pay off.

(MOD defined brand concern for sniper rifles and heavy machine guns is 10%, but it may vary to some degree in different cities)

Babajun

Post by Babajun »

Ok thanks.

But its hard whitout Marketing from CMO to keep the first position in the Market Share.
MightyGooga
Community Contributor
Community Contributor

Post by MightyGooga »

I really think there should be a separate form of selling arms in the game. Like for governaments. The retail option is still valid in my opinion, but I miss a "world" simulation that could generate demand as it enters into wars, conflicts and economic crisis.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Post by David »

MightyGooga wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:05 pm I really think there should be a separate form of selling arms in the game. Like for governaments. The retail option is still valid in my opinion, but I miss a "world" simulation that could generate demand as it enters into wars, conflicts and economic crisis.
I was talking with a friend about an Arm Industry mod in CapLab and he came up with some ideas on the spot:

All sorts of military aircraft, warships, guns, robots to manufacture.

There will be president elections in the game, voted by the people in all the cities in the game.

An elected president may wage war against other city states and nations, which are also under fictional names.

The president may step by step reduce the power of the congress, establishing an absolute rule of the nation.

The DLC may be called New Nationalism DLC.

Pretty crazy ideas. But the game industry is full of crazy ideas anyway. :D

I wonder what you guys think.