[MOD] Capitalism World 3.0

Discussions about modding and share your mods with other players in this forum.
derekg52
Level 2 user

Re: [MOD] Capitalism World 1.2

Post by derekg52 »

Arcnor they may be a long shot but how did you create the extra factory styles and what drives their increased capacity? I didn't see anything in the buildings guide that jumped out for the capacity portion of it. Also I will assume it would be possible to do the whole chain, you could have an expanded mine, expanded factory and then expanded warehouse? Thanks.
moneytheory
Level 4 user

Post by moneytheory »

Hi Arcnor, are you able to release the source code so i can run your mod in Labmanager.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

This version I sadly no longer have the source code for. I lost it in a computer crash. I know I've promised a new version and I hope to release it soon. I've just been very busy with work right now. I hope to have it out soon.
Arcnor they may be a long shot but how did you create the extra factory styles and what drives their increased capacity? I didn't see anything in the buildings guide that jumped out for the capacity portion of it. Also I will assume it would be possible to do the whole chain, you could have an expanded mine, expanded factory and then expanded warehouse? Thanks.
The capacity is one of the components of the building file. It is the "SPACE" line that decides the capacity. The only buildings I have been able to expand the capacity on is new factories and retail buildings. We do not have the option to modify current buildings in the game nor to add other building types other than retail and factory.
kiratoyume

Post by kiratoyume »

I started the game with this mod loaded...and found out that mobile phone are already invented in 1900....
lovelywanz

Post by lovelywanz »

After playing this mod for dozens of hours, I find two things worth noticing.
1. The necessity of Insurance products are too high and makes the game somewhat imbalanced. I can easily make tons of money and feel the game lack of challenge.
2. I cannot make any profits producing airplanes, though it is the most complex product ever. The PR is negative and it can hardly raise by advertising. Perhaps the modder should adjust the basic pricing.
don_lago

Post by don_lago »

Hi Arcnor!

Great MOD!! Thank you!
I liked the fact insert a type of service business! :D

I think we can still improve the cost ratio and price of these services within the game. But unhurried ... ;)
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Hi guys,

I'm sorry big time for my delays in getting an update out. I know I've been promising one for months, but I've gotten a little caught up with life. I hope to have one out very soon over the holidays when I have more time to relax.

I will do what I can to help improve the balance of the game.
Arcnor
Mod Expert
Mod Expert

Post by Arcnor »

Version 3.0 has been uploaded.

New Version 3.0 @ http://www.moddb.com/games/capitalism-l ... apworld-10

Some of the new features include:

- Banking/Investing products
- Public Utility products
- New CPA training for use in Banking/Investing

- Adjustments to previous products

Any comments or suggestions please let me know. To some degree, some product classes are designed in mind to have competition from the AI.
David
Community and Marketing Manager at Enlight

Re: [MOD] Capitalism World 3.0

Post by David »

Great mod!

Delighted to see your innovative uses of the existing Capitalism Lab system to create interesting service products!
Abrutalism
Level 2 user

Re: [MOD] Capitalism World 3.0

Post by Abrutalism »

Yeah great job. I have lot of fun with your mod
great new building and industry, some are really hard but that put some challenge
keep going your good job